Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

john healy

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

hi,
    anyone know where i can get a copy of "nineteen acres" by john healy?
    out of print but might be able to get it second hand....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

It's out of print? God that's depressing. Suppose it's a sign of the times. Edition I have was first published by Kennys in Galway. You could try there - sounds like the kinda challenge Tom Kenny would rise to...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

It's out of print? God that's depressing. Suppose it's a sign of the times. Edition I have was first published by Kennys in Galway. You could try there - sounds like the kinda challenge Tom Kenny would rise to...
    must check that out, tho shop itself closed last year, am sure they still have a depot, am looking for it for my mum and love to get her a copy.
    saw some on "amazon" going for crazy prices...... thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Anyone see the documentary about him on RTE 1 just there?

Fascinating guy, will have to go out and buy the Grass Arena after seeing it.

Sad he has two finished books that no one will publish.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭liogairmhordain

Amazo
    I think you might be getting your John Healys mixed up

Possibly, I know nothing about the guy, or the other one, clearly.

Ah well, both could do with the publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

Sure, John Healy who wrote 19 Acres and No One Shouted Stop could really do with the publicity.
    The book you seek should be in every library in the country.

Sure, John Healy who wrote 19 Acres and No One Shouted Stop could really do with the publicity.
    The book you seek should be in every library in the country.

And the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

minxie wrote: »
    hi,
    anyone know where i can get a copy of "nineteen acres" by john healy?
    out of print but might be able to get it second hand....
    There's a copy in the Galway library if you just want to read it (as opposed to owning one). It's listed as checked out, but due back a few days ago on their online catalogue. His Healy, Reporter is also in the system there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

And the other?

This is John Healy the journalist and rural campaigner:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Healy_%28Irish_journalist%29

And this is John Healy the author, prisoner, homeless person and chess player
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Healy_%28author%29
    It was he who was interviewed by Matt Cooper on Today FM this week, there was also a documentary on RTE which I didn't see.

• Advertisement

baalthor wrote: »
    This is John Healy the journalist and rural campaigner:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Healy_%28Irish_journalist%29

And this is John Healy the author, prisoner, homeless person and chess player
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Healy_%28author%29
    It was he who was interviewed by Matt Cooper on Today FM this week, there was also a documentary on RTE which I didn't see.

I know (now, sigh) the difference. You should watch the documentary on rte player, interesting viewing.

I'm just glad I could promote both authors, which is what I, totally, intended to do. (whistles nonchalantly)

Advertisement