Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get meat and fish?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I just moved in to Greystones (3 minute walk from the dart station) from Dun Laoghaire. Until now I was getting my meat from a local butcher and fish from the ice pier. Could anyone please suggest any good local butchers or fish shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

For fish, Morans - La Touche Place (road that goes down to harbour from main street). Cant advise on meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,405 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Mrs Simpson, what did you do after you left the restaraunt?"
    "We tried to find an another all-you-can-eat seafood restaraunt...."
    "And when you couldn't find one?"

(Here's the idea!!!)

"....we went fishing...."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Farrellys Butchers in Delgany is the best. Fabulous meat, really friendly staff and they will prepare any cuts of meat you want. Shopping as it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

The best place about for meat is Festa Foods in Bray. Just off the N11.
    I love it!
    http://www.festafoods.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Butchers usually do the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Another useless post there CHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

neets wrote: »
    Farrellys Butchers in Delgany is the best. Fabulous meat, really friendly staff and they will prepare any cuts of meat you want. Shopping as it should be!

I'll echo this... farrellys is amazing... Huge organic range... never go anywhere else for meat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

I'll echo this... farrellys is amazing... Huge organic range... never go anywhere else for meat..

Definetely the best butchers around I think, quality quality meat.

For fish, I go to cavastons on the main street, recommend going very very early though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

CHD wrote: »
    Butchers usually do the job

Thanks. Now I see where I was going wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

tiptap wrote: »
    For fish, I go to cavastons on the main street

I saw a frozen fish van outside there one day which I didn't think was a very smart idea! Would prefer to go to the previous monger mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Fish - Morans.
    Meat - Doyle's, butchers in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

+1 Definitely the best in the Greystones area.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don't know Delgany very well - where in Delgany is this butchers?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

xshayx wrote: »
    For fish, Morans - La Touche Place (road that goes down to harbour from main street).

have they not moved to the main street? the corner just at the entrance to the meridian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

kateos2 wrote: »
    have they not moved to the main street? the corner just at the entrance to the meridian?

they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

ebmma wrote: »
    Thanks. Now I see where I was going wrong.

For meat it has to be Bray in my opinion. Umpteen butchers in Bray. I won't say famous, but the town is well-known for its sausages. If you don't feel like the drive though, fear not, for you can just head up to Doyle's in Tesco which is a real Bray butcher (Frank Doyle's, Main St, Bray).

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

For meat it has to be farrellys in Delgany, without a doubt the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tonyd123

There is a new Butchers down behind the la Touche hotel, think its on trafalgar Road tried it twice and the steaks are dam gooooood, cheaper than Farrellys too (sorry). Its where the Auctioneers was, little car park there beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Haven't tried it yet, sounds good.
    I've tried to get rib eye steaks in Farrelly's but the 3 Q's buy their entire stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Was in the Market in the Meridian Centre on Saturday and there was a small fish stall set-up on the entrance.
    Picked up some small farmed Bass and Lemon Sole,...no complaints !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement