Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to online game

Options
  • 14-08-2008 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am having problems connecting to online games of TrackMania Nations and am looking for a bit of help. I am using Vista and am on NTL. I have set up port forwarding in my router for port 2350 and 3450 for both TCP and UDP. I have also enabled these ports on Windows Firewall and the game is also enabled. When I enter the game and select online, it shows stats and server lists ok. When I go to connect to a server, most times I get an error message, but the odd time it will connect but will disconnect after a few seconds of the game with an error message. I am getting a combination of the following messages.
    1 - Could not contact server. Connection Closed
    2 - Could not connect. Connection Closed
    3 - The match was interrupted: Connection failed or disconnected fro server (10054)
    4 - Could not contact server. Connection failed or disconnected from server (10054)

I have tried playing this game by connecting using my phone as a 3g modem with meteor and it works so it cant be the game settings. I have also tried bypassing my router and connecting the laptop to the modem directly and still have problems.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong? Is ntl bocking the ports required? if so is there any way I can find a port which isnt blocked so I can change the ports the game uses??

Any help apprecitated.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement