Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Calls From a Mobile

• 14-08-2008 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

International Calls From a Mobile

going to be making a fair amount of international calls from my mobile over the next few months what websites let you do this cheaply

I've found www.international.ie whereby you ring a 1520 number then tap in the number you wish to call and your charged differing prices depending on where you call

So does anyone know of any other providers out there that offer cheap calls from a mobile either through a premuim number or through a local number and adding credit on a website etc.

Before anyone suggests i am aware of VOIP, skype but it isn't practical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

There are loads of companies offering the "Call Cards" where you ring either a low call number, Dublin number or 1520 and then type in a code and then type in the number you want to dial, they are cheap but there are some that have hidden connection charges

It all depends on the country you are calling: If we knew that we would be able to find you the cheapest way

All the operators offer cheap rates to certain countries. for example http://www.vodafone.ie/worldwide/index.jsp

It would be worth looking into this before worrying about call cards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

its a Kazaksthan mobile, no joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

I'm in the hunt for cheap Int. calls from a mobile too.

Sister-in-law is Germany so is looking to call home, but we don't have a landline. I'm trying to avoid Skype.

I was looking at www.1call.ie , but its slightly confusing. Its says for a 28min call from a O2 mobile, it will cost €1, but it also says that the call to 151X No. is charged at a National rate ... which is about 30c. That 28min call now costs €9.40, not so cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

its a Kazaksthan mobile, no joke

smsdiscount have a local Irish access number and charge 4.2 cents to a Kazak mobile.

If you are on free landline calls with O2 Clear your calls to the mobile will be 4.2 cents per minute. Or you could use the callback service, which I think is a 5 cent connect fee plus the cost of a call to your Irish mobile (6.5 cents)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Blueface do the 2 stage dialing aswell.

What type of phone do you have? If it includes WiFi it may be possible to get a VoIP client installed directly on the phone to make VoIP calls directly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement