Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager: No internet light...HELP!?!?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

The other day I went into my routers gateway and messed around with a few things and straight after restored everything back to default settings....since then I cant connect to the internet, the DSL light is on but the internet light is off!

I have manually reset the router and done the usual knock it on and off and give it a kick but no luck! anyone have any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

When you say you reset to defaults do you mean factory settings? If so then you need to set your username and password etc again as the modem needs these to complete the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I actually have this very issue with my BT Voyager router all the time. I contacted the BT support and was speaking to some guy. He talked me through a few steps to reset it. It worked for that evening however the issue keeps happening. The BT support guy said that there is a connection reaching the router hence the DSL light is on and the problem is with the router.

BT sent me 2 routers when I signed up to them so I'm going to connect the other one.

This might not be much help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

afaik it's a common enough problem.

if its the voyager 2110 router I've had the same probs with 2 routers; tho not so much wit the last one they sent out.

as been said, you'll have to put in your username & password and hit connect to get back internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

yeah, just check the PPP settings, ive a 205 and it regularly gets confused, it defaults to PPoA instead of PPoE which sometimes wont connect and its fussy about changing the global timeout value.

If you put in your userid and password and click save settings on the web page it should in theory keep it for good

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

Just got off the phone from the helpline in India *sigh*...he says they are upgrading my Megabites so thats why its down....sounds like a crock of bull**** to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

I did the same to a voyager 205, you'll need to get the vpi & vci settings off your provider and set them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

ENN0 wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from the helpline in India *sigh*...he says they are upgrading my Megabites so thats why its down....sounds like a crock of bull**** to me!
    lol, sounds like you got the takeaway service

Advertisement