Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a new number plate

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Last night my rear plate was vandalised, pulling off the bracket and breaking the plate itself off (which is nowhere to be seen). So it needs to be replaced. Where does one go to get that done, if it's not a ridiculous question? And what do I need to bring with me? Is the front number plate and tax/insurance discs enough evidence? The car has four holes for screws already and is an 01 Focus.

I'm based in Dublin City (just off Townsend Street) so somewhere I could walk to and have it done on the spot would be ideal.

The Gardai mentioned forensic examination of the car should the plate
    be used for criminal activity, though it was obviously a shower of little scum bags who did it. Still, i'm hoping for a CSI style team to arrive later on this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

aidanpower wrote: »
    Last night my rear plate was vandalised, pulling off the bracket and breaking the plate itself off (which is nowhere to be seen). So it needs to be replaced. Where does one go to get that done, if it's not a ridiculous question? And what do I need to bring with me? Is the front number plate and tax/insurance discs enough evidence? The car has four holes for screws already and is an 01 Focus.

I'm based in Dublin City (just off Townsend Street) so somewhere I could walk to and have it done on the spot would be ideal.

The Gardai mentioned forensic examination of the car should the plate
    be used for criminal activity, though it was obviously a shower of little scum bags who did it. Still, i'm hoping for a CSI style team to arrive later on this evening.

A good few motor factor shops also do number plates. All you need is your number. You can get any number plate done up that you feel like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

You can also call into any dealer, they normally have the facility to do their own number plates. About €10-€15for a plate, more like €10 though. Officially you are meant to bring in your VLC (Tax/Log book) in order to collect it. But most garages & motor factors don't seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Beauty. I assumed it would be a touch trickier given how serious the Gardai considered it. My local dealer is making it up as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good advice on here. I got two plates printed and fitted for 24 euro up near the border. I thought it was a reasonable price, especially when I checked a certain dealer in Dublin and was told it would cost 50 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

who does does those number des cullen reg plates....would like a set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bearcat wrote: »

Which ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

dc no. plates have a bigger print size. Think they are legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Bearcat wrote: »

I got mine straight from trevor at Des Cullen. But it was more of a favour than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shorthairguy

any motor factors should do, and would be alot cheaper than dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I got mine from the South Dublin Ford Centre a tenner. Fair price for a piece of plastic and two minutes work with a drill. Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement