Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leak somewhere on 1999 Clio (Floor drinched)

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

My sisters 1999 Clio is letting in water somewhere and the floor is drinched.She tought it maybe the windscreen and got it replaced but no joy.Is there any common blockage areas in these cars that she maybe overlooking?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I don't know of common leaks but she could have a look at the rubbers around the doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

all of the doors, vents, small holes in the floor, normally its leaks in the door, my 92' clio i had let water in via a small gap between the booth and the lights... the smallest of holes but after a night of rain the booth was water logged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I would check under the wipers to make sure any of the drain holes aren't blocked up with leaves and gunk. With these blocked the water level could rise to above the pollen filter and drip down on the passenger side.

Advertisement