Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i switch from DDR-sdram to DDR-DIMM?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

as the title suggests, a friend of mine has 1 gig of DDR-SDRAM on his mobo at the moment, i've got 2 gigs of DDR-DIMM RAM to sell. Can we remove the SDRAM and replace it with the DIMM RAM? in any event, what is the main difference between the 2?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

as the title suggests, a friend of mine has 1 gig of DDR-SDRAM on his mobo at the moment, i've got 2 gigs of DDR-DIMM RAM to sell. Can we remove the SDRAM and replace it with the DIMM RAM? in any event, what is the main difference between the 2?

thanks

They're the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If the modules physically fit, then they will "probably" work.

There can be speed issues, i.e. his board requires min pc3200 and yours is pc2100, but most boards do this negotiation and pick the right speed automagically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

thanks. his is pc3200, and so is mine, so hopefully no speed issues

Advertisement