Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

underfloor???

• 14-08-2008 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I am converting upstairs and put 240mm rockwoll fleix and want to put a 37mm kingspan board in my up stairs conversion. the builder said i would not need underfloor heating because of the insulation i have put in or at least he said the density of pipes can be less ????

I am also going to use a airtight cloth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

balrog wrote: »
    I am converting upstairs and put 240mm rockwoll fleix and want to put a 37mm kingspan board in my up stairs conversion. the builder said i would not need underfloor heating because of the insulation i have put in or at least he said the density of pipes can be less ????

I am also going to use a airtight cloth.

insulation just keeps the heat in, it wont produce it. Even with a super insulated house you will still be losing heat through the fabric of the building but also every time you open a door or window, chimneys and various other leakages. Unless you are making up for this loss through passive solar gain (heating from the sun through windows etc.) then you will need another heat source.

The other issue I think you will have is that underfloor heating cannot be used on a timber structure so the floor of your attic would have to be concrete.

I hope I have helped but I believe that you should talk to somebody professionally about this as this only scrapes the surface or give us a bit more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 balrog

yea i am going to put a concrete up there. I think you are right, he said it wil be be hot enough coming from downstairs. thanks

Advertisement