Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weightwatchers question....

• 14-08-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

I know it's awful but I'm thinking of quitting, maybe just for the moment. My head is not in the right place just now and there are other problems, family member ill etc. I also find it quite expensive but that's beside the point. I have lost 3 stone by myself before, so I know once I get the motivation going I'll be ok but it's just not happening at the moment.

So do you just stop going? Do they chase you for your money or if i go back after a few months will I have to pay for classes I missed in the meantime? My leader is so nice that I don't want to go and tell her I'm leaving :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

missmatty wrote: »
    So do you just stop going? Do they chase you for your money or if i go back after a few months will I have to pay for classes I missed in the meantime? My leader is so nice that I don't want to go and tell her I'm leaving :(

Yep, you just stop going. You are not tied into any contract or anything. If you have a good relationship with your leader maybe tell her what is going on with you and say you are going to take a break for a while.

When you do go back you will have to pay your joining fee again and then its just the usual weekly amount.

Just because you are not going to WW doesn't you should sto watching your food intake though. You know the basics and so should keep going. Though it may seem hard with the difficulties you have at the moment you will feel much better and be better able to deal with your problems if you are eating healthily and are more physically fit.

I hope things get better for you soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Thanks Litup. Oh, I know exactly what I should be eating/doing alright, it's just being able to do it consistently :o I have no intention of falling off the wagon or putting back on the few pounds I've already lost.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Ive done WW about 4 times and, like you, I gave up when it just wasnt suiting me anymore and my head and heart wasn't in it.

The one thing I did though was each week I would still weigh myself at home - luckily we had a digital weighing scales - and I would put the €8 (at the time that's what it was, I think it's a tenner now!) in a jar and each time I lost a stone (or sometimes if I was needing it, a half stone!) I used that money I put by each week and bought myself some smaller sized clothes!

I found it a great incentive and also kind of practical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Yes, that's a really good idea :D I do have a ww scales at home but the weight I am on it depends on where i place it in the room :confused: so sometimes I have to do a best of ten! Ridiculous really for a scales that cost 50 squids.

Advertisement