Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a stage and reapplying......

• 14-08-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I did my interview yesterday (went ok!)......

....however my question is this!

Lets say I fail my interview and reapply.....do I have to sit an apptitude test when i reapply. Am I literally back to square one next time.

Also I'm hearing conflicting reports about the physical test!
    If I was to fail that, am I back to square one again....reapply, aptitiude, interview etc etc etc.......

Also if I reapply, do I get looked on favourably (not bias) but favourably, as I reapplied.

All comments welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Hi Oldscoil.
    If you fail your aptitude or interview, you have to wait 6 months from when you applied, and then start from scratch.
    I think, if you fail your pct, you get another chance to do it... but I could be wrong on that one.
    The medical is a bit of a grey area. If you fail on eyesight, you can get laser treatment and produce a cert to say you're fine etc, and not go back to stage 1 again. But if you fail on hearing then you fail full stop.
    Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭lightyear

If you fail your PCT you are not back to the start straight off.
    Lets say ye fail it on the 28th October and theres an intake on the 3rd November they may let you do it again the following day or even a week later and just go in late into the intake.
    I know people that failed it and were given a month to go off and work on it before they did it again. They're dead on, I know a few people that they gave every opportunity to pass so as to avoid sending them back to the start of the application process.
    Medical dept give ye 6 months for laser treatment.

Advertisement