Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WOTLK]Useful Screenies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Apparently though, you can also convert an existing character to become a Death Knight, or did I misunderstand the Blizzard blurb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No i think it means if you have a lvl 55 or higher toon you can then roll a new lvl 55 DK.... I think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Anti wrote: »
    No i think it means if you have a lvl 55 or higher toon you can then roll a new lvl 55 DK.... I think ?

what DK was orginly ment to be is, once ytou get to level 55(or higher) you can do a quest chain that will then convert your class into a death knight. this was the only way to obtain a DK. but they decided to change it. So now the only way in getting a DK is by creating it, and it will be level 55 autmaticly, and to get your talents you need to do a massive quest chain in DK starting zone (naxx!)

you can ether have one death knight per server, or per account, im still unaware of which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ok guys, i have said this about 10 times before!!

to unlock a dk, there is no quest line, it does not replace another caracther either.

this has been explained by the blues a load of times.

all you need is a level 55 on your account and you can create one dk on any server, doesnt have to be the server your 55 is on.

you can only create one dk per account afaik.

the dk gets his blue gear (which i will link now) from the first few quests you do for the lich king in plaguelands.

afaik your neutral when u start, in other words, you cannot attack alliance members who have rolled dk's if your horde, as you havent infiltrated your faction yet (part of the lore for the lich king)

so what im guessing is, you do your quests which teach you your talents etc and get you your gear, then u will be sent on a quest to a horde base (if ur horde) of vice evrsa for alliance where you will then show up as horde (or ally)

hope this explains

DK Gear from first few quests.

wapghesqiobs65spy8b.jpg
    m8n6tes7lyzywm3te.jpg
    3ub3vb7rvuztsrsmv0n.jpg
    7iv4cpt4m1fvq9e15pu9.jpg
    rhhr0vm4hyvp4fazeyj4.jpg

3md6baj2o9wgfd4t1u0v.jpg
    8u8fib8o9pn1s7g3casy.jpg
    ljbt3p777kb3p40nu83n.jpg
    txj3amq4f83ma7r7zfyg.jpg
    vuec75c5fh5yymhuows.jpg

jeq3si4s39ng3qlam.jpg
    ukctfokk0wo62ao3d4kt.jpg

• Advertisement

whats this Alt+Leck click for feedback all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

whats this Alt+Leck click for feedback all about?

It's always there during Beta's and Public tests. Simply allows you to submit feedback on specific items/quests etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

must fight... urge..... to reactivate.... account :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Am I the only one that thinks that the DK should be restricted to certain races? Seeing Night Elf and Tauren DK's is kinda retarded imo when considering the lore

Am I the only one that thinks that the DK should be restricted to certain races? Seeing Night Elf and Tauren DK's is kinda retarded imo when considering the lore

i r gonna make a nice female gnome with pink ponytails a DK.. it will be awesom

• Advertisement

+1

Draeani/Blood Elf Death Knights - makes no sense at all

tauren Death Knights are a retarded idea given the lore, same with Orcs.

Undeads I can forgive, as they have a history with the Lich King, & it can be argued some remained in his service.

GNOME DEATHKNIGHTS: what's Arthas gonna do, send out a Gnome DK to have his enemies laugh themselves to death? I mean, FFS!!!

I guess Blizzard will contend the lore is the LK enslaved many from all races to his army of DK's, they were bent to his will until they 'freed themselves' .... :rolleyes: 'tever!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

seriously considering reactivating my ac. i haven't played for over 1 year now, and my last char was a nelf hunter. really enjoyed it at the time, but managed (eventually) to give it up. thinking of getting back into it tonight. would love to do a hunter again. it used to take up so much of my time tho. i heard it's easier/quicker to lvl up now. is that true?

well its +20 bonus xp upto lvl 60. And if you want ill reccomend you as a friend ;) Free mount for both of us. and trebble xp if we lvl together.

Hunters are stupidly easy to lvl. Go BM get a bear/gorilla pet send it in. wait for aggro and pew pew.

well its +20 bonus xp upto lvl 60. And if you want ill reccomend you as a friend ;) Free mount for both of us. and trebble xp if we lvl together.

Hunters are stupidly easy to lvl. Go BM get a bear/gorilla pet send it in. wait for aggro and pew pew.

i feel like such a noob - treble xp if we lvl together! :D

how does that work, or maybe i should wowwiki it... :o

Its the new invite a friend program from blizz. www.wow-europe.com has some info on it.

nice one thanks :)

sure if you wanna go ahead with it just send me a pm :)

ven0m wrote: »
    +1

Draeani/Blood Elf Death Knights - makes no sense at all

tauren Death Knights are a retarded idea given the lore, same with Orcs.

Undeads I can forgive, as they have a history with the Lich King, & it can be argued some remained in his service.

GNOME DEATHKNIGHTS: what's Arthas gonna do, send out a Gnome DK to have his enemies laugh themselves to death? I mean, FFS!!!

I guess Blizzard will contend the lore is the LK enslaved many from all races to his army of DK's, they were bent to his will until they 'freed themselves' .... :rolleyes: 'tever!

totally agree, im not extremely familiar with the lore but the only horde class that should have been made a dk was probably the ud. they dont look buff enough though, or they dont look like "heros" or somethin!

maybe for the alliance they could have chosen humans as the only dk. only cuz every other class is ridiculous.

having said that, im still rolling an ud and an orc one!!

ps. gnomes are homos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Glad somebody agrees anyway. I think the way the game is going, Blizzard seem to be reluctant to upset the masses by restricting DK's to a limited amount of races. Why not let Humans and Gnomes be Druids in the expansion? :(

I just think that the lore used to be kinda interesting and added a lot to the game.... whereas now it's just brushed over and contradictory elements being added and then justified with silly explanations :( Ah well... RP server is that way I guess

/crawls away into the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jar_421

ven0m wrote: »
    +1

Lore wise Deathknights are members of the Order of the Silver Hand that lost faith in the light after Arthas was turned and Uther was killed, so basically they are all fallen paladins.
    So the only races that should have been able to be death knights were races that could be pallas, but as this would have given the alliance an extra race to choose it would have been unfair. Forsaken probably would have worked as a way to balance it out but as usual Blizz decided to ignore lore like they did with the whole draenei/eredar/Sargaras thing.

• Advertisement

Jar_421 wrote: »
    Lore wise Deathknights are members of the Order of the Silver Hand that lost faith in the light after Arthas was turned and Uther was killed, so basically they are all fallen paladins.
    So the only races that should have been able to be death knights were races that could be pallas, but as this would have given the alliance an extra race to choose it would have been unfair. Forsaken probably would have worked as a way to balance it out but as usual Blizz decided to ignore lore like they did with the whole draenei/eredar/Sargaras thing.

Dwarf Paladins is the ONE chink in Blizzard's lore ....... Humans & Blood Elves should be the only Paladin races, not Dwarves.

But you're totally right about the DK orgins, however ...... undeads are ex-humans and or blood elves (i.e. Sylvanas).

Blizz create lore, ram it sideways down our throats, create RP realms, & RP lines in quests etc etc etc, then bring along some expansion packs & lazy ass creative people & wham - TBC, & this new one .........

I mean, even bringing back the city of the Kirin Tor, I mean .... what the frick are they thinking ...... The Dalarans DESTROYED their city like the Gnomes ... what's next, bringing Gnomergan back as a city?

Even allowing Warlocks to walk around inside Dalaran is a total lore-face-smack, given the lore about how warlocks were huge in numbers from mages turning to the Fel to seek greater powers.

Either keep the game as an MMORPG, or just throw your hands up say "We're out of ideas" or "we're lazy" or "look guys, we really don't care anymore - we have you hooked on our pixel crack, we have your money, you WILL play the game cos you ARE hooked like an addict".....

DAMN THEM!!! LOL :D

My names Ryan and im an addict !

i've been clean for almost 12 months now, but I fear I'm about to buckle...:(

DOOO EEEET !!

what server are the all the boardies on here? i'll join up tonight...

so weak am I!

There are 4 of us on moonglade RP server (though we dont RP) But there are a good few on other realms too. Moonglade i find great as there is a nice 50/50 hord ally mix.

coolio - tho i find the RP side a little much at times

Aye i dont like it myself, But they have all seemed to move over to some RP addon which stops them doing in in the chans. So you very rarely see it these days. Lots of raiding activity there too, especially for ally.

Blades Edge! new server, opened for around a month.. its great laugh, you get to see me, my warrior and my 4 mages!

oh btw anti.. only the person who recruits the guy gets the mount.. the person who is recrutied dosent.. so if youi recruit you get the mount. the other guy wont :( i wub my zherva :D

• Advertisement

check out the new mounts.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

* The Magnificient Flying Carpet ! See Blizzcast Episode 4
    * Black Warp Stalker (the model definitely looks fine, but is still tagged as PlaceHolder in the game files, might be because the saddle is missing)
    * Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade, the Death Knight flying mount. Please note that another spell named "Swift Skeletal Gryphon" might be used to rewards "old" classes with this mount at some point.
    * The Hog - This is supposedly an Engineering mount (the spell isn't flagged as Engineering for the moment). The speed buff is similar to the one used for the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade and might mean that the mount speed scales with your level.
    * Polar Bear - Probably the first Polar Bear mount available in Northrend.
    * Frostwyrm - ... Do you really have to ask ? ^^

magnificientflyingcarpet.jpg
    blackwarpstalker.jpg
    wingedsteed.jpg
    thehog_horde.jpg
    thehog_alliance.jpg
    polarbear.jpg
    frostwyrm.jpg

Advertisement