Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WOTLK]Useful Screenies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

that frostwyrm mount looks great !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, its a shame we will have to grind the same **** for about 6 weeks to get it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

flying carpet! /yooink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the magic carpet is good. so is the hog i think. a motorcycle? class

if only u could use it in azeroth

pet talent tab

5mep47kkfvtxwz6ix59z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

copeyhagen wrote: »
    the magic carpet is good. so is the hog i think. a motorcycle? class

if only u could use it in azeroth

Why wouldnt you be able to use the Hog in Azeroth?

Its a ground mount.

sorry i meant use the magic carpet in azeroth! (or could it be like the broom and only have a certain hide i wonder)

i heard before that with wotlk, there would be mounts where you could take a passenger for a ride, so u could drive lowbies around

im guessin thats what the craic is with this hog with the sidecar.

sorry i meant use the magic carpet in azeroth! (or could it be like the broom and only have a certain hide i wonder)

i heard before that with wotlk, there would be mounts where you could take a passenger for a ride, so u could drive lowbies around

im guessin thats what the craic is with this hog with the sidecar.

haha awesome, take them into silithus and boot them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

wingedsteed.jpg
    Instant cast? Is that correct or just not sorted out yet?

im guessin it wont be instant?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt think so. I'd say its the same as any other mount. Nice to see a tailoring mount though. Might actually bother levelling my tailoring in WotLK now.

Thought i'd post a few of the funnier ones on my nightly browsing. Will post more later. :pac:

WoWScrnShot_081308_225230.jpg
    1.JPG
    2.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Nesingwary is more evil than Sargeras!

I KNEW IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

would the frostwyrm mount still be the same price riding skill as the flying epic, lke 5k or do you think were gonna have to pay more for these guys?

I'd say its going to be a rep mount. Unless they do what i read about ages ago, where you need to learn how to fly your mounts in the heavy winds of Northrend. Better not be 5k gold though. Its hard enough getting it the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd say its going to be a rep mount. Unless they do what i read about ages ago, where you need to learn how to fly your mounts in the heavy winds of Northrend. Better not be 5k gold though. Its hard enough getting it the first time.

7k. Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

its pretty easy nowadays to get the cash for epic mount(altho i dont have it yet lol) with the dailies u can make over 100g a day easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

DarthWraak wrote: »
    7k. Yeah.

you mean I gotta get my 5k flying skill first and then fork out another 7k? fook that like. Do you think it will be lvl70mount or 80

presumably it will be level 80 mount.

and grinding 5k gold is tough enough. at the end of the day its a game, who in their right mind would consider doing something as repetitive as the dailies over and over for 50 or 60 days to get a mount.

i think its bullsh1t that blizz charge us so much for the epic flyers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

and grinding 5k gold is tough enough. at the end of the day its a game, who in their right mind would consider doing something as repetitive as the dailies over and over for 50 or 60 days to get a mount.

Agreed

• Advertisement

gino85 wrote: »
    its pretty easy nowadays to get the cash for epic mount(altho i dont have it yet lol) with the dailies u can make over 100g a day easily

I'm finding it a nightmare to make gold atm. 1 toon raiding kara, and another raiding ZA. Pots or even the mats for them are becomming expensive. Then there is food buffs, new item enchants, lvling profs. I can understand why people buy gold !

since getting my epic mount i cant help but make gold... an hour or so a day doing some dailies puts in near 100g which covers my pots etc for the raid and gives a bit more, plus i sell whatever i dont need as theres no need to keep extra matts and stuff with wotlk. anti, are any of your chars a tailor? if so send any excess nether weave you can to her/him and get them made into the netherweave braces which can be disenchanted straight into planar essences and arcane dust and load up the auction house :) loads of money from that for little or no work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

WellyJ wrote: »
    Why wouldnt you be able to use the Hog in Azeroth?

Its a ground mount.

Actually, it's been confirmed as a level 80 mount that can only be used in Outland and Northrend :(

I guess it uses some nice new graphical extras that werent present in vanilla WoW.

Damn, I wanted to cruise through the Barrens on the Hog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

WellyJ wrote: »
    Actually, it's been confirmed as a level 80 mount that can only be used in Outland and Northrend :(

I guess it uses some nice new graphical extras that werent present in vanilla WoW.

Damn, I wanted to cruise through the Barrens on the Hog.

I just want my flying carpet LOL

Although, they have said we'll see tanks roaming though the barrens .....

splinter wrote: »
    . anti, are any of your chars a tailor? if so send any excess nether weave you can to her/him and get them made into the netherweave braces which can be disenchanted straight into planar essences and arcane dust and load up the auction house :) loads of money from that for little or no work :)

Aye i have a lvl 355 tailor. Didnt think abotu doing that to be honest. I dont have a high lvl enchanter though. Guess it gives me an excuse to drop skinning on it and take out enchanting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, most of the items in question would be BoE's, so there is no reason you have to drop skinning, if you have an extra character to do it on ;)

Very true ! But i really cant be bothered trying to lvl my priest from 30-70 while doing enctanting :/ But its probably the best thing to do.

Manties wrote: »
    Aye i have a lvl 355 tailor. Didnt think abotu doing that to be honest. I dont have a high lvl enchanter though. Guess it gives me an excuse to drop skinning on it and take out enchanting.
    doh sorry, meant to say its all boe stuff so if you have a nice guildy who can de for ya then your sorted :) i leveled a pally and took enchanting for that reason alone :)

I suppose i can do the same for my LW too. I tried to sell alot of it on AH but i probably flooded the market when leveling, so much went to a vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

splinter wrote: »
    anti, are any of your chars a tailor? if so send any excess nether weave you can to her/him and get them made into the netherweave braces which can be disenchanted straight into planar essences and arcane dust and load up the auction house :) loads of money from that for little or no work :)
    The other option to this is just keep all netherweave and Arcane dust and turn it into imbued netherweave bolts. At 175g a stack, it's a pretty decent money maker.

Advertisement