Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No booze for me, sigh!

• 14-08-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Story is I am pregnant so obviously not drinking ( not for 3 months now). Problem is I find life a bit flat without drink or drink to look forward to. I always had a glass or two of wine at nighttime and I loved the warm fuzzy relaxy feel of that. Now giving up that is no problem and I've never even been tempted to have a drink but sigh! life without the odd drink to look forward to is boring. As for going out socilizing again everything seems less fun. Can hardly be bothered.

I've another 6 months to go and I'm wondering will this feeling go away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Try some of the non-alcoholic wine as a substitute. I'm sure you'll be bombarded by many strange craving to take your mind off drink in the coming months.

As a bartender I really hate seeing pregnant women smoking or drinking where I work, it really does make me feel sick and ashamed of a human being who would do that to their unborn child but maybe its just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thanks but they're supposed to be manky so I'll stick to water. Funny though my sister was drinking a non alcohol beer when she was pregnant ( in Canada) and she couldn't finish it because of the evil looks she was getting.

I'm not craving anything so far. Maybe rowntrees fruit gums but I've always loved them ( especially with a glass of red:)).

Was out for a meal with a group of friends last night and happily didn't mind not drinking at all. Food was very good which certainly helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭anucksunamun

you can get shloer non alcoholic wine, and I love the taste of it.
    ya know, I actually prefer it. I think if you organise other things maybe to take your mind off it? like your meal with friends, that was a good idea, what are you interested in? do you like to read, or write, or draw? maybe you could take a night course? or, you could invite the girls around and have a film fest, with popcorn and smores and a huge bitching session, i suppose its a matter of remembering the things you liked to do before you drank? before me and my friends started drinking the movies sessions were our favourite, with the beauty session built in too, and I'm sure you could do with some pampering from your friends.. hehe..

Advertisement