Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.O.S! making a stencil / stamp

Options
  • 14-08-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    am making my own wedding invitations (my first time of making cards) and i ve done everything except write my name & my partners name in front of d card. the idea i had is not working
    could order a stamp but its expensive & will take at least 10 working days. time i dont have.
    please does anyone know any quick way to go about doing this, or any computer programs i could use to create a stencil / stamp with our names.
    please let me know soon. i am out of time confused.gif
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

I'm assuming that your using a generic invitation that you want to personalise, or that the invites have already been printed?

The place that I work for orders their custom stamps from a place in Limerick called Shamrock Stamps. Their turnaround is usually very quick and they deliver. All they would need is a good quality clean scan or digital image of what you want. Alternatively, they have an online stamp design service where you can design your stamp using a handwriting font (limted selection). A single line stamp would come to about 30euro ex delivery.
    http://www.shamrockstamps.ie/CustomWizard.aspx?p=tl

Vistaprint.ie do a personalised custom signature stamp for 19.99 but I've got no experience using them.
    http://www.vistaprint.ie/signature-stamps.aspx?xnav=TsrItem

However, you need to consider the paper/card surface that you're working with and whether or not the stamp ink will "take" on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

shesalady wrote: »
    Hi,
    am making my own wedding invitations (my first time of making cards) and i ve done everything except write my name & my partners name in front of d card. the idea i had is not working
    could order a stamp but its expensive & will take at least 10 working days. time i dont have.
    please does anyone know any quick way to go about doing this, or any computer programs i could use to create a stencil / stamp with our names.
    please let me know soon. i am out of time confused.gif
    thanks
    Are the invitations already printed, or are they going into print, what needs to be added to the design? Your post is unclear (to me at least) can you elaborate a bit?

From the sounds of it you intended to have a stamp after printing to make the invitations more creative and personal, now your looking to have an authentic looking stamp made in a computer program because of the delay in the ordering process of the physical stamp?

If so then Photoshop could do this, would have the same effect but not as real as you were hoping for I think. You could download a trial version and do a quick tutorial on how to do it? If your stuck on this solution then you could ask away here on how to do the aforementioned stencil effect in Photoshop.

Advertisement