Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Model PSP-3001...............hmmmmn??

Options
  • 14-08-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't even aware that Sony were working on a new PSP but it seems that there have been rumours about the new model PSP-3001 for quite some time. The only thing however is there doesn't seem to be any major difference between this and the current slim model. No wireless N, no GPS, no second analogue stick etc.

So why would Sony even bother with this latest version of the PSP?

psp-3001-fcc-shot-label.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/14/unspectacular-psp-3001-outed-by-the-fcc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Seen two of these in the flesh just 10 minutes ago. Didn't notice any difference to be honest. Visually they look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

KTRIC wrote: »
    Seen two of these in the flesh just 10 minutes ago. Didn't notice any difference to be honest. Visually they look the same.

How did you manage that, or is it a secret?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I wasn't even aware that Sony were working on a new PSP but it seems that there have been rumours about the new model PSP-3001 for quite some time. The only thing however is there doesn't seem to be any major difference between this and the current slim model. No wireless N, no GPS, no second analogue stick etc.

So why would Sony even bother with this latest version of the PSP?

It's the exact same, just with cheaper parts. Sony, like every other hardware manufacturer these days, is desperate to cut costs and increase profit. I guarantee you there'll be no price drop, even though it costs them significantly less to build now.

Trust me, if Sony had an actual "new" revision of the PSP coming, we'd know all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Supposedly meant to be unhackable also. Pandora won't work with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gloobag wrote: »
    Trust me, if Sony had an actual "new" revision of the PSP coming, we'd know all about it.

True enough but there was speculation that this model would include stuff such as GPS, dual analogue sticks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

How did you manage that, or is it a secret?! :eek:

Yep, I'd have to kill you if I told you. Then someone would kill me and then possibly rape my corpse just for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Are you working in Ireland at the mo KTRIC?

You have perked my curiosity now. Come on, give us a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dark Alex was getting bored so sony wanted to give him something to do. Sony are nice!!

Advertisement