Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rick O'shea - 2FM

• 14-08-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

What the bloody hell is this lads problom. Why does he feel the need to talk with big stupid gaps in between his sentences. Christ he drives me mad. Some times i shout at the radio so bad it hurts my throat. And what happens when you text in to tell him what you think of him - he reports you to your goddamn service provider. UUHHHHHH.

For the record can only tune in 2FM on my radio, im going down to buy a new one today!

oh yeah my ma is gonna buy it for me.

and another thing - whats with the name rick o'shea, is that supposed to be some smart kind of DJ name like camo flauge or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

stevoman wrote: »
    For the record can only tune in 2FM on my radio,

WTF, do you just drive around the transmitter in Donnybrook all day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Rick = Richard

Richard O'Shea is not an unusual name...

Oh and I dislike him too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

He is named rick o' shea, because his father is a staunch Ireland soccer supporter.
    He was named after our all time biggest goalscorer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Rick O'Shea was the name assigned to him when he first got the gig in Atlantic 252. So when he moved to FM104, and then 2fm he kept that name. If anyone remembers radio in the early 90s, and when he worked in South East Radio or East Coast then you will know his real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

rick...o...shea... i never noticed that he was a real word before! i cant for the life of me think how to spell the word rickoshea now. damnit. i feel there should be a silent h in it somewhere. ricchoshay? anyone?

• Advertisement

ricochet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

ricochet

oh yeah... cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Yeah his voice annoys me like a wasp in the ear.....does he talk into a tin can or something, to get that weird sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Rick O'Shea was the name assigned to him when he first got the gig in Atlantic 252. So when he moved to FM104, and then 2fm he kept that name. If anyone remembers radio in the early 90s, and when he worked in South East Radio or East Coast then you will know his real name.

Its all coming back to me now. Coincidently "dusty rhodes" was on atlantic 252 at the same time. another terrible name!

He is named rick o' shea, because his father is a staunch Ireland soccer supporter.
    He was named after our all time biggest goalscorer.
    your FAIL is so epic, ben hur himself should spank you. :)

• Advertisement

Was there a beverley hills? Maybe a sunny daze too?

Was there a beverley hills? Maybe a sunny daze too?

i think there was......

I think im gonna start a Rick O'shea hate club. Or shouldisay...... i think im gonna....... start a rickoshea.......... hate club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH>

underpants features!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

wouldn't really like to go putting the poor guys real name on the interweb but if anyone cares to google rick o'shea drimnagh you might find something interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Its all coming back to me now. Coincidently "dusty rhodes" was on atlantic 252 at the same time. another terrible name!

also remember Robin Banks another DJ

also remember Robin Banks another DJ

There was Hollywood hayes, dicky bow, bam bam, robin banks, sandy beech, Charlie Wolf, beverley hills, dan the hitman, nice guy eddie, Lois lane, Dan Francisco, Nails Mahoney. Loads of them. All with terrible names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Pizzaman and enda caldwell too

Check out: http://www.atlantic252.com/
    I think they want to bring it back.
    I never knew so much about the origins of all these people before. The where are they now section is pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So what is his real name then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Oh man I am so disappointed. I used listen to him the whole time on the Funny Farm on FM104, and I thought that his real name was Richard Xylophone Bus-stop O'Shea. Crazy parents was my theory. My whole teenage years radio world will completely be destroyed if somebody tells me that Dusty Rhodes is also a pseudonym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 worried shooter

Bond-007 wrote: »
    So what is his real name then?
    Paul Crossan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks Worried, I just found it myself by carefully looking thru wikipedia.

It seems that some one on wikipedia keeps removing the real names for Irish DJs. Like someone will not allow the real name Tony Fagan to remain on the Tony Fenton article.

Vested interests in keeping these facts secret?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i think there was......

I think im gonna start a Rick O'shea hate club. Or shouldisay...... i think im gonna....... start a rickoshea.......... hate club.

where do i sign up

Advertisement