Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile prefixes from ireland to england

• 14-08-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, having a really annoying prob maybe someone can help me :D
    came home from hols a few weeks ago an was looking through my phone an found a few of my english friends' numbers. They put them in themselves so the ireland-england prefix isnt on them and i dont know what it is as the 0044 doesnt seem to work! is that only 4 landlines??
    anyway heres a sample of two :D.....

007935******

and

0016175******

dno if i hav 2 many zeros at the start but yeah, theyre the numbers!
    thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emzig

nope not working... thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

0016175******

This is an American/Canadian number you are showing us....

007935******

This looks like a Russian number ......

Either your friends don't have English phones or you've put up the wrong numbers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Maybe they didnt want you to have their number :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 emzig

haha oh no how embarrasing... :o nahhh i dont think so they woulda taken my phone an put them in themselves without my knowing if they didn want them in there...
    well i presume its them lol i jus found them in my phonebook, one of them was living in spain so i dno!!
    ok not the end of the world it was jus kinda botherin me as im not 100% sure if its actually them!!
    thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You should get into the habit of using "+<country code>" for your stored numbers, e.g +44 for UK and +353 for Ireland. This allows dialling those numbers to work anywhere as all GSM networks recognize + as international call prefix.

Advertisement