Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Results of repeats

• 14-08-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anyone know when these will be out. Also does anyone know if you can be compensated on your repeats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

PROMULGATION OF RESULTS ONLINE Tues 16 Sept

Not sure about the compensation of repeats. Probably not. Email your lecture for clarification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Typically you can't compensate on repeats, no. But saying that there is always exceptions to the rules. As c0rk3r said, speak to your lecturer but generally compensation doesn't happen with repeats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Glyni wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can be compensated on your repeats.

yea, you can. completely down to the exam board though, i really wouldnt rely on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

yea, you can. completely down to the exam board though, i really wouldnt rely on it
    I assume their marked a little easier anyways

Hopefully...but I don't think so...

As for the exam, the one I did seemed to be harder but everyone says that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Depends which lecturer you have really. Some lecturers take the position that you're given a second chance to pass the exam so take it. By marking the paper easier they are underminding the efforts put in by the students who passed the exams the first time around. If they were to mark the repeats easier wouldnt it be fair to remark the june papers the same way.

Whereas other lecturers would take a more lenient approach.

I wouldnt bank on the papers being marked easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

it seems that way in NUIG though, from what im told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

it seems that way in NUIG though, from what im told

score. Oh wait we don't go here. Shucks

I've sat many, many repeats. Okay, not many many, but a few, and I've never experienced them being marked easier.

And with compensation - I failed (and repeated) first year for 4% in a chemistry exam (got 36% in the repeat exam), but a friend of mine was let through with 35% in a repeat maths exam. So it totally depends on the lecturers/the exam/how everyone else does/personal circumstances/sheer luck. As others have said, don't rely on them being marked easier/compensatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 citizena

compensation only applies if you're repeating all your exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

citizena wrote: »
    compensation only applies if you're repeating all your exams
    True for the overall result of a particular diet of examinations, but internal compensation within a module is still possible, when not repeating all modules - if of course the conditions are met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pasco

does anyone know if its a mark u get or just a pass/fail?

pasco wrote: »
    does anyone know if its a mark u get or just a pass/fail?
    You get to see the mark that you get, but the most you'll get for the year is a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

if you fail 1 repeat exam is there any chance of them letting you carry it on to next year? or do you have to do a year with just 1 module?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

belinea06 wrote: »
    if you fail 1 repeat exam is there any chance of them letting you carry it on to next year? or do you have to do a year with just 1 module?

You have to repeat the whole year with just that one module.

/me just did it :(

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hauk wrote: »
    You have to repeat the whole year with just that one module.

/me just did it :(

Hauk

How does that work out free wise do you have to pay for the whole module again or just the exam fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Glyni wrote: »
    How does that work out free wise do you have to pay for the whole module again or just the exam fee.

If you want to attend lectures then you pay the module fee. If you just want exam then you pay the exam only fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

so really u can just pay for the exam and attend lectures? how much is the exam only fee?

Advertisement