Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanoute

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

I heard this morning on sky sports news that we were lining up Freddie Kanoute to replace Berba, Personally i wouldn't mind seeing him coming back i always felt he was a strong player but i woulsn't rate him as high as sulky.

I was Happier more with being linked with the likes of Villa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

I would be wary of Kanoute. I mean clearly he pulled himself together in La Liga but is that a case of the league. Obviously he has proven he can score goals in the PL but very sparsly compared to the amount in La Liga. Is it a case that his football suits the time and space you get on the ball there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I wasnt to fussed when he left us, so I'm not that excited at the prospect of him returning.

However, Ramos was his coach at Sevilla and he obviously see's something in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

he was the best player on the pitch when Seville knocked us out of UEFA Cup at the LAne. Won everything in the air against Dawson. Might be a good signing, as if (when) berbatov leaves, we need a striker who can lead the line , as if bent gets injured we have no options. Pushing on a bit, shouldn't pay too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

he was the best player on the pitch when Seville knocked us out of UEFA Cup at the LAne. Won everything in the air against Dawson. Might be a good signing, as if (when) berbatov leaves, we need a striker who can lead the line , as if bent gets injured we have no options. Pushing on a bit, shouldn't pay too much.

See i agree,

If we were able to sign him for 5 odd million i wouldn't say no,

See what i'm worried about as what if Bent turns out to be running in circles on saturday and he doesn't score in first 3 games we're gonna get raped on the market cause everyone will know we are desperate. TBH i still think Ramos is much smarter then do start a season with just bent and a couple of players who can fill in beside him, IMO i think he's lining up something big espically if the sulk go's

I hope its not just wishful thinking though

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NickyK

No no no no no!!!!!:eek: Kanoute was sold because he chose to play for Mali while we had an injury crisis when it looked like we'd finish 4th two seasons ago. Maybe, like Forlan his style just suits La Liga but for Spurs and West Ham he only just got into double figures every season. Give me Arshavin and Santa Cruz/Ashton any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Forget it,Ramos said in an interview yesterday that there was no truth in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

no way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

no inbetween with Freddi eitherbrillant or crap. A very very poor version of Berbs.

Thanks but no thanks.

Advertisement