Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to shadow priests in last few months?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:13pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,ive just recently resubscribed after a few months away,i always quit for the summer but this year the weather is so crap my evenings seem to be spent indoors these days so wow is calling me again.
    I havent been watching patch info at all so i dont know whats changed if anything at all.

Im trying to decide what ill do however,do i level up my mage or shammy from their 20s or progress with one of my 70s? priest,lock,hunter or rogue?
    Thinking along the lines of pve mostly i noticed the following with my 70s.

Priest i felt i had to go holy as i wasnt getting much work as shadow priest,quite like healing but dislike healing in pugs.
    Are S-priests any more wanted than a few months ago?

Same can be said for my hunter,the server she is on is swamped with hunters and i always struggle to find groups.
    Cant say why but i got bored of my lock and rogue.

I always wanted a 70 mage but not relishing the thought of levelling up another char so im stuck between concentrating on the priest or hunter.
    If shadow priests are now wanted more for dps id probably stick with priest and spec shadow.
    Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont know if theres much point in gearing up any new lvl70's now, with the expansion a few months away. I stopped gearing my lock and am focussing on levelling my rogue instead. I'm sure other people will disagree with me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    Priest i felt i had to go holy as i wasnt getting much work as shadow priest,quite like healing but dislike healing in pugs.
    Are S-priests any more wanted than a few months ago?
    Different server, though speaking as a Holy priest I'd have to say yes. When I first hit 70, any time I'd be in LFG and get the usual 'Spec?' whisper, I could pretty much guarantee I'd get an invite once I said I was Holy. Now though, it seems to have balanced out a lot more and I'd only get invited to about 60% of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Hey Dcully ! :)

I don't think im far off behind ya from reactivating my account too :P

I'm pretty sure there haven't been any major changes to the priest class since ya last played him.

My advice is play whichever you prefer playing, Shadow priests are good dps imo. I was usually top dpser in raid for the little time i was in shadow specc, but i did better dps with my rogue. Does that mean the rogue is better? No, rogues dont kick up alot of mana for the group :)

Shadow priests are a really good class PvE wise, and from the look of the new talents for wotlk they got alot more survivability too.

So do whatever you wanna do mate, level a class to 70 in time for wotlk. Or focus on getting mats/gold whatever to help ya in wotlk :P

Sure im sure you will spend hours reviewing the wotlk talents before you decide :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hey mate :) im raiding as shadow and can be fairly sure ill get a spot over some classes due to mana regen, yea we still got a bit gimped lately but once you have some ok gear you should be fine. the likes of ZA speedruns and stuff like that then shadowpriests are handy due to the mana regen mid fight. there was some changes with gear though. many shadowpriests once they get over 1k shadowdamage (i waited til 1200 myself) started stacking spell haste and it does make a big difference. and on another note, i have no idea why but since the latest patch, my crits are going through the roof. from what was 3k crits is now being quickly replaced with 3.8 and 4k crits fairly regularly... i dont know why but its definetly since the latest patch... i can feel another kick coming in WOTLK though.... apparently vampiric touch is being made raid wide but dropping to 2.5% of damage done... which is cack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

splinter wrote: »
    apparently vampiric touch is being made raid wide but dropping to 2.5% of damage done... which is cack :(

5-10 man group wise its a kick in the chops maybe, 25 man you could just stick 2-3 spriests in the raid and the whole raid prob wont have to pop a mana pot ever again :P

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    5-10 man group wise its a kick in the chops maybe, 25 man you could just stick 2-3 spriests in the raid and the whole raid prob wont have to pop a mana pot ever again :P
    apparently with some of the new spells like the aoe shadowstuff the regen should roughly work out the same... time will tell i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Dont forget to get a friend to do the scroll of resurection thing to get free game time for both of you if you are thinking of rejoining.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Do tell more please Drakar

nevermind,google is my friend :)

in the account management section of the wow site you can "resurrect" a friends account. basically send them a email and they join saying you got them back and both of you get some free time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Dcully wrote: »
    Do tell more please Drakar

if you are inactive for 90+ days a friend can use the scroll of resurction on your account, which then means if you reactivate it, and pay for a month. the guy who sent you the scroll will get a free month for himself,

or something along those lines.

to tell the truth the new recruit a friend is so much cooler.. but that just means you need to create a new account :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement