Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1-20 in 1 min 35 seconds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont see how he could have possibly gotten from Exodar to Westfall in less then 2 minutes, unless he got a summon. Even then, it seems hard to believe. How did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I really cant see any evidence, i mean 1min 35secs is a bit too quick if ya ask me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

with recruit a friend its triple exp and you can summon your linked account. he had 4 mages all 20 and then the alt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

New system is a bit stupid imo, but I suppose it gets more people playing.

He should have just done a vid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

tbh this is the one thing keeping me away from reactivating my account, i find it gay and unfair.

I can see it now, people will get epics next for refering friends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

But he's sitting at the Gryphon in Westfall, with the 3 mages beside him....how did he get enough exp from there (even with the 3x) in time? There are barely any mobs within 20 seconds of there, never mind enough to kill to get the exp to lvl20. I'm skeptical, although why bother faking it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Yeah saw this on the WoW forums. Multi-boxed.. Makes blizz look bad tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

For every 2 levels a referred friend gets, your account gets 1 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

New 1-60 record. 2 hours using RAF.

using the new Recruit a Friend, this guy 'leveled' one character from 1-60 in 2 hours. he did this....

21:33 | > First of all, my character is in Stormreaver-eu, you can log in and check it. Second, i did this using RAF. I got 4 accounts and its correct that you can get 60 faster than i did"
    21:34 | > "I multiboxed 3 shamans to 60. Lets call my accounts A B C D"
    21:34 | > D is linked to C, C is linked to B and B is veteran. I Did run instances that my A account boosted RFC , SFK, SM and straholme
    21:35 | > So, when i reached 60 with all characters, i would have been able to level up my newest char up to 60 in 3min.
    21:35 | > If my accounts would have been linked CD > B instead of D>C>B
    21:36 | > So i got 2horus played because i had to create new character to account B, leveled it manually to 15. Then i granted 30 levels to my new character in account C (acc D granted)
    21:36 | > So then i had 60 and 30 characters in account C. That means 45 level ups
    21:37 | > I granted those levels to my character in accoutn B , first that 30 granted. Then 60. All the way up to 59
    21:37 | > And trick how to do 59 fast is that When you are in ur starting zone, grind mobs so you got 90% of exp bar, it stays every time you get level upped. Didnt know that either so i had to turn clothes to capitals"
    21:38 | > "So if done correctly, you can instantly get level 59 and 99% of exp bar done, just turn in one quest and Voila, you are 60l /Played 3min

1s2xk8s8c9wn5tuor6o.jpg

copeyhagen wrote: »
    21:37 | > And trick how to do 59 fast is that When you are in ur starting zone, grind mobs so you got 90% of exp bar, it stays every time you get level upped. Didnt know that either so i had to turn clothes to capitals"
    21:38 | > "So if done correctly, you can instantly get level 59 and 99% of exp bar done, just turn in one quest and Voila, you are 60l /Played 3min

i dont understand this.. can someone explain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

toxick wrote: »
    i dont understand this.. can someone explain?

"Clothes to capitals" He means he handed in Runecloth for XP and rep, to get the last level done.

The rest is pretty self explanatory?

supposedly its a fake, the toon isnt in the armoury as he said. so either blizz caught him cheating or something similar happened and they deleted the fecker

**edit i fixed the picture inc ase you couldnt see it**

Why would this be fake?

There is nothing difficult or amazing about this.

With the new system it is completely possible, and fairly trivial actually.

I guarantee there are a lot more people who have already done this.

It's part of the appeal of the whole thing, Blizz are well aware that this system will be used by players who just open new accounts to achieve this, and pay the extra monthly sub in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

This for me is the height of f@ggotry.

This for me is the height of f@ggotry.

how? a guy leveld up 2 level 20s that are linked to a account, summoned the guy to them, and granted a 19 levels to him to get the third to level 20. quite simple if you ask me

I know it's simple, could do it myself if I wanted but never would. It's going to fcuk the game up though.

I know it's simple, could do it myself if I wanted but never would. It's going to fcuk the game up though.

how would it feck the game up? it only lasts to level 60. what blizz are trying to do is get more people joining/level faster. The game is going into its 2nd expansion meaning that the level cap will be 80.. the game needs to adapt to this and find ways is getting players to not be put off by the massive 1-80 grind.

In DAoC once you get your first char to level 50(max level) you can then create any char and be instant level 20.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ugh a year lvling to lvl45 then they bring out this crap...ugh wont be resubbing for a while yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

a Year to 45 ? Are you only playing for 20 mins a day?

Don't want to get into an argument over it, but if you don't see a problem with somebody getting level 60 in 2 hours then I don't know what to say.

The amount you learn about how to play your class levelling the normal way is invaluable. If more and more people try to level as this guy has there'll be more retards running around at 70 or 80 with not a breeze how to play.

• Advertisement

Don't want to get into an argument over it, but if you don't see a problem with somebody getting level 60 in 2 hours then I don't know what to say.

The amount you learn about how to play your class levelling the normal way is invaluable. If more and more people try to level as this guy has there'll be more retards running around at 70 or 80 with not a breeze how to play.

To achieve an instant 60 this way, requires you to level at least 2 60s....

By that stage you should know how the game works and how different classes work.

This can only be looked at as a good thing, stop moaning and level a couple of alts for WOTLK

haha, I am but i'm doing it the old fashioned way. Couldn't justify paying for 2 accounts :D

even with the old way, i started a new server, no alts, no gold, no friends, level footing.. still took me 2 weeks to get from 1-70. If you know how to play the class, and know whow to d othe quests.. the game is easy, and really dosent start till elveel 70

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Anti wrote: »
    a Year to 45 ? Are you only playing for 20 mins a day?

i didnt play every day, small greats of a week or so, i wasnt 'hooked' ... luckily, i was lvling a few characters at the same time...all gnomes too, i'm so sick of gnomeregan its not funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

haha yeah. i hate that place. Always skip it when i level now. Dont really bother with instances untill 60 to be honest. Quicker to get xp from quests then group with a bunch of tards.

Anti wrote: »
    haha yeah. i hate that place. Always skip it when i level now. Dont really bother with instances untill 60 to be honest. Quicker to get xp from quests then group with a bunch of tards.

ah its interesting doing instances, quests are getting repetitive for me now i've rolled so many times

private server chat no no here?

anyone with 2 level 70s that doesnt have an idea of how each class is played is an idiot.

i have never played a lock past 30, or a rogue, or a druid past 20. but i know nearly everything about each spec for each class by reading about it.

i think blizz are right to try help people get into the end game becuase the game only really starts at 70 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

ugh a year lvling to lvl45 then they bring out this crap...ugh wont be resubbing for a while yet

Do you buy a shirt then complain when same shirt is on sale at 75% off a week later and refuse to buy anything in the same shop because of this?

Get a grip! So you feel cheated... What harm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

I did my 30 priest from 30 to 55 in 2 minutes granting levels, I did it right in the middle of og too, everybody freaked out thinking I was a gm or a hacker, its was brilliant, almost more fun than skipping 25 levels :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TBH I stopped playing ages ago, but I can only imagine how deserted the 1-60 areas are, they were empty when I quit a year ago. Grinding to 60 is no fun, I did it for the first time with a Toon I created on the day the server opened so I met people formed relationships etc and the journey to 60 was a pile of fun, with my guildees and randoms I became friends with on the way. That side of the game doesn't exist anymore, in the 1-70 world. Blizz has to do something to address that, and this seems fair enough.

I was in only one guild until TBC came out, I cleared MC, BWL, AQ40 and some of Naxx with the same people I played with from day 1.

I then went even more hardcore in TBC, went 60-70 in a week, and then quit 6 months later when I decided I would rather spend my time elsewhere.

Advertisement