Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average speeds on a spin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

30 KPH
    Looks like alot of ppl have responded. (Accurate or not)

...wonder who the speed king at >40 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

72hundred wrote: »
    Looks like alot of ppl have responded. (Accurate or not)

...wonder who the speed king at >40 is?

Lukester, it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Oh and I don't buy for one second, that El_Tonto's average is less than 20kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

38 KPH
    Raam wrote: »
    Oh and I don't buy for one second, that El_Tonto's average is less than 20kph.
    He must mean "up a 10%+ hill," I think we were all answering the question differently :D Back to the string- what if you took the piece of string and attached it to a winch at the top of a hill. How fast would you get up then? Would depend on who was operating the winch, I guess. I reckon I could get over 20 in that scenario, if tonto was operating the winch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

depends on the gearing on the winch though - and if the operator was a grinder or a spinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

30 KPH
    Also the aforementioned gauge of the string would also be a determining factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

32 KPH
    is it considered cheating if I picked my best "average" over a completely flat route :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Fion_McCool

26 KPH
    Just checked my bike computer...

24km/hr over 1,100km on my hybrid.

Advertisement