Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS this Bike too big for me ?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

hey guy
    i have my first tri in three weeks and the only bike i have is a big steel framed hybrid , however i got offered the loan of a mans roadbike , frame size 53cm , I am 5 2" female , Is this frame size to big for me or could i manage ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Worth a try, it might be OK. Adjust the saddle as forward as you can and consider flipping the stem also- this will reduce the saddle to bar reach. If you need to reduce it further I can lend you a zero-layback seatpost that could help you bring down the reach another 20mm compared to a standard seatpost (it also has suspension but that shouldn't be a major problem.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hola! MMMMmmmm I am 5'0 and I have sz 43 and 44 bikes. LDB is 5'2 and she was telling me the last bike she bought was a 46.5cm.

I think you should just try it and see how it feels ... butn I reckon it's a bit big maybe.

Advertisement