Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have i missed anything?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

After being inspired by a few friends and playing call of duty so much that shooting people now feels acceptable, i bought me some airsoft gear.
    I took a visit to Tony's wee shop in Cabra and the credit card got a pounding!

I bought a Dboy s-system and a galaxy mp5 k as a back up.
    I got a spare battery for the dboy and two magazines.
    Both came with chargers which is nice but dam the chinese instructions are funny to read, Mad translations!
    I got a vest and some cammo gear and i just could not help myself.....I had to dress up:rolleyes:

So is there anything im missing?or could just be nice to have?

Here is a few pics
    Airsoft002.jpg

Airsoft008.jpg

Now im off work tomorrow...can anyone tell me where to go use this stuff in Dublin?
    I have read all the newbie info but ill be heading alone to these places should i just ring and see if they have a group out?

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Looks like you're pretty much covered there (for now anyway, you'll want more eventually :))

Tomorrow? Friday there generally isn't any games on, most sites are weekend only. At the moment the two most accesible from Dublin are HRTA (Ballyboghill, just past swords) and Fingal Airsoft (A little further up the m1), both sites are walk-on once you have your own gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

well first of all welcome to the world of airsoft!!!!!!! it looks to me like you have evtything you need youl blend right in nobody will no you havnt played before theyl all think youve been playin for a while (which is a good thing because people wont think your an easy target and come running like mad men at you)
    and if you really want to top of all this gear you should get an acog style red dot scope and a nice grenade launcher then your kit would be complete
    i dont know aboult getting in for a game tomorrow but on saturday or sunday turn up to any of the airsoft site and theyl be glad to let you play id reccomend fingal airsoft as its a good site ranging from short to long distance and im sure people will agree when i say its one of the best sites around

dam you kd you got there just before me

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

What?

No GBB Pistol!! Ah the shame!! I suppose the mp5k will make up for it though. They're a savage little secondary

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

daz801 wrote: »
    dam you kd you got there just before me

What do you mean by this you mad spoon?

Who needs a pistol when you have an mp5?

Scopes and grenade launchers sound fun! ill see how i get on with all of this and work from there.

Im having trouble adjusting the hop up on the Dboy, The adjuster cog wont turn and i dont want to force it.
    Any Ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i like to carry the pistol for the looks as much as anything,. the MP5k is more thann good enough as a secondary.,.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Do you remember in the matrix when they walked into the lobby of that building?
    Thats the aim....to have a collection like that, minus the gay clothes.

Has any one the number for Airsoft store in cabra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

skapegoat wrote: »
    Do you remember in the matrix when they walked into the lobby of that building?
    Thats the aim....to have a collection like that, minus the gay clothes.

Actually, do get a decent pistol (M9 or something similar, not a Desert Eagle), because sometimes we have small pistol-only games, and let's face it, after you've blasted off a few rounds from an all-metal pistol with decent gas in it (green or propane) and experienced the sound and recoil you'll consider playing with only that. And being a Matrix fan, you'll appreciate the look of wielding pistols...

But your set-up is more than enough to get hammering with. It's a good load-out. In no time you'll be debating the merits of getting a stack of mid-caps and arguing about velocities and other nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

kevteljeur wrote: »
    and let's face it, after you've blasted off a few rounds from an all-metal pistol with decent gas in it (green or propane) and experienced the sound and recoil you'll consider playing with only that.

+1

skapegoat wrote: »
    What do you mean by this you mad spoon?

Who needs a pistol when you have an mp5?

Scopes and grenade launchers sound fun! ill see how i get on with all of this and work from there.

Im having trouble adjusting the hop up on the Dboy, The adjuster cog wont turn and i dont want to force it.
    Any Ideas?
    i think ou got the wrong quate there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Has any one the number for Airsoft store in cabra?[/quote]

Eirsoft-018245770

Theyre closed until wednesday mate,
    maybe il see you there when they open i should be headin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Eirsoft-018245770

Theyre closed until wednesday mate,
    maybe il see you there when they open i should be headin up

We'll be there on Wednesday, but only setting up....although anyone's welcome to drop in.

We'll be officially up and running in the new place on Thursday.

Advertisement