Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what to get next???

Options
  • 14-08-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

have a 02 reg gt tdi vw golf, 130bhp remapped to 170 bhp
    not happy with cars performance and a lot going wrong with it that i want to change....
    any ideas on what to go for next, want to stay diesel and only want to pay around E 15,0000. want to stay vw though.... cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

'05 / '06 Mk V 2.0 140BHP diesel with DSG. 4-motion would be great if you can find one. Remap it.

Huge improvement on your car in every way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

minxie1 wrote: »
    have a 02 reg gt tdi vw golf, 130bhp remapped to 170 bhp
    not happy with cars performance and a lot going wrong with it that i want to change....
    any ideas on what to go for next, want to stay diesel and only want to pay around E 15,0000. want to stay vw though.... cheers in advance

I presume you meant one less zero on that figure.
    You're limiting yourself to staying with VW diesel. You know yourself what's out there, why ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI PD 160 maybe?
    http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/638757.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

mazda rx8 either comfort 190bhp of exclusive 231bhp
    toyota celica vvtL 190bhp
    had/have driven both-excellent cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

And, co-incidentally, both VW diesels...

Not sure of your budget but this is nice too...
    http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18069

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

, want to stay diesel and want to stay vw though....

Why would you want to stay VW if the your current VW is giving you so much trouble ? That would be my cue to try something different. IMO, VW aint all that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

it will be pretty tough to get a sportier diesel that is also a VW for your budget. A passat will be slower than the golf and a mkV will be too expensive. Think your left with another 130 or 150 MkIv Golf - maybe slightly newer reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

unkel wrote: »
    '05 / '06 Mk V 2.0 140BHP diesel with DSG. 4-motion would be great if you can find one. Remap it.

Huge improvement on your car in every way
    how much would you pay for one of these...
    another question can i take chip out of car that i have and use on another???

• Advertisement

Biro wrote: »
    I presume you meant one less zero on that figure.
    You're limiting yourself to staying with VW diesel. You know yourself what's out there, why ask?
    yes sorry meant E15,000
    i know whats out there, just looking for peoples opinions.
    would like another vw but if somethinh takes my eye, who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

this will look better than any equivalent VW, be faster and more powerful than any equivalent VW, be just as easy on Diesel as any equivalent VW, be just as, if not more reliabable as any equivalent VW, and most importantly, half the price of any equivalent VW

its a no brainer!! :p

siralfalot wrote: »
    this will look better than any equivalent VW, be faster and more powerful than any equivalent VW, be just as easy on Diesel as any equivalent VW, be just as, if not more reliabable as any equivalent VW, and most importantly, half the price of any equivalent VW

its a no brainer!! :p
    aint it lovely.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

aint it lovely.....:)

seriously, it is. I've met Ken, the owner and been in the car, its ICE system is amazing and it has some fantastic upgrades. if i could get herselfs 01 Bravo sold, I'd have it on the drive beside my own, I would then have the 2 best specced 2.4 156s in the country :D;)

siralfalot wrote: »
    seriously, it is. I've met Ken, the owner and been in the car, its ICE system is amazing and it has some fantastic upgrades. if i could get herselfs 01 Bravo sold, I'd have it on the drive beside my own, I would then have the 2 best specced 2.4 156s in the country :D;)
    ICE system??? am afraid i have no idea what this is......:(

Either of my suggestions interest you?

ICE = In Car Entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Did he drop the price of that Alfa by around 6k?! If anyone wants to buy my 156 1.6 from me for 7-8K I'd be on that in a flash! Magnificant car and engine.

fletch wrote: »
    Either of my suggestions interest you?

ICE = In Car Entertainment
    thanks fletch.. learned something new...:)
    dont like the look of the seat,(sorry):(
    have been looking at a few highlines on the net some are going for ridiculous prices!!!:eek:
    not many 130 bhps around. not looking into imports at all. issues regarding 2nd hand warranties over here...

Advertisement