Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film The Piano:want to learn song

• 14-08-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Hi All..not sure if this is the right place but here goes!
    The song The Heart Asks Pleasure First by Michael Nyman is the main piano soundtrack of the film The Piano and ive loved it ever since first seeing the film. I would love to be able to play it on the piano but as ive never had lessons im wondering is there anyone out there who could just teach me how to play just that song? Tall order or possible? I live in Dublin and would be willing to travel for however no. of lessons it would take! Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

That's a fairly complex piece of music and it's difficult to play it as it sounds in the film. Given you have no experience you'd be best learning the basics first, scales, get used to playing keys etc.
    There might be a simplified version of it floating around somewhere... can you read sheet music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

No i cant read music unfortunately! Im a quick learner though and i literally would just sit and copy someone who could play it on the piano if possible..ive done it for other tunes!

what songs can you play? (just to give an idea of the level you're playing at)

I also think you'd be quicker to learn to read sheet music (doesn't have to be sight reading) and learn the song that way than try to copy someone else

I wouldnt even class myself at a level to be honest! I can play 2 tunes..completely basic (no idea of the names sorry)! Its just a song id love to be able to play! Im probably sounding v naive re:piano playing, starting with the basics of reading music and doing scales i know are vital! Is it ridiculous to ask someone to teach me purely by sight alone?

sent you a PM there

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blueskeys

hi,
    i am an experienced piano player/ keyboardist and would be able to teach you that piece of music. if you send me a pm, i can forward you details of how much i charge etc. im located in dublin 24.

Advertisement