Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get new head unit??

Options
  • 14-08-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm looking for shops around Dublin that i could pick up a new head unit today. Ive been to halfords and on the phone to auto tech and neither have what i'm looking for. I've been looking at a jvc headunit that comes with built in bluetooth for my phone and also with ipod connectivity built in.
    But it doesnt have to be a jvc headunit.

Any idea of other shops?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

did ye try Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CPG wrote: »
    did ye try Argos?

+1

I got a pretty good deal there a month or two ago on a Pioneer USB CD headunit reduced from €200 to €125

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Halfords should have most types of head units or at least order one in for you. I'd recommend a sony..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the help lads. Have already tried argos. Think i will just order the one i want off the net, or else wait for a lad i know to come back from his holidays to get it for me through his business

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

lad i know , holidays, through his business....

This bloke down the pub ...prison.....car breaking :D:D

listermint wrote: »
    lad i know , holidays, through his business....

This bloke down the pub ...prison.....car breaking :D:D

No no, 100% straight this guy :) He has his own business, doesnt employ anybody, so when he is away, there is no way of getting stuff off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sony do a headunit that has ipod (integration, not just a 3.5mm jack in the front - it has one of those too) it's in Argos, around €200 or so. comes with a remote control too, very good for skipping albums etc while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Mine just started crackling and smoking yesterday and is kaput. I'm hoping its the stereo and not the wiring. I'm going to get one from computeruniverse.de as they remove the vat for me at source and last time I gought from them the price was pretty good compared to here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Sony do a headunit that has ipod (integration, not just a 3.5mm jack in the front - it has one of those too) it's in Argos, around €200 or so. comes with a remote control too, very good for skipping albums etc while driving.

I have that, Sony Xplod. Paid 170 odd for it in halfords with the discount card.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

BrynW wrote: »
    Offer €300?! ;)

its not my ad mate

im sure gerard (i think thats his name) in autotech could order it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Yea ive a sony xplod too, its a great little unit, built in amp, usb, ipod, Aux, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anywhere in the UK that will do mail order to Ireland will be your best bet right now with Sterling hitting all-time lows. Check the back page ads of UK car-magazines.

Failing that, try pixmania. I bought my last Pioneer head-unit from them back in 2006 when it was a full six months from appearing in Irish shops, and was €300 cheaper.

walshy123 wrote: »
    im sure gerard (i think thats his name) in autotech could order it for you?

When i was on the phone to autotech today they said they should have some in next week, but they were about €70 more expensive than buying off an english site ive been looking at, or the guy i know who is on holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I go to Mitchel's on Capel street. I like the gear, and the lads are lovely.

Advertisement