Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psoriasis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Loading dose of Humira done.
    While it was almost totally painless, the pen isn’t as easy to use as the Enbrel one. I’ll get used to that it’s just all different but it really didn’t hurt at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

How are you feeling now, Gael?

eeloe wrote: »
    How are you feeling now, Gael?

Had a slightly runny nose yesterday morning but fine other than that. Hard to say if it’s working yet but have noticed a few improvements I think

Gael23 wrote: »
    Had a slightly runny nose yesterday morning but fine other than that. Hard to say if it’s working yet but have noticed a few improvements I think

If that’s the only side effect, you’ll take that! :)

i7jpz4minrr11.jpg

Completely forgot to post an update picture last week, this was only at the 3 weeks mark, it looks kind of the same now, but a little less red, but a tiny bit flakey.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭brevity

Mighty mouse soars again

How the tattoos are surviving under this i'll never ever know....that leg in particular has been ripped open, fully scabbed over, and flaking constantly for years....and i'd say the tattoo won't even need to be touched up, it's basically perfect under it all.

It's so weird!

How the tattoos are surviving under this i'll never ever know....that leg in particular has been ripped open, fully scabbed over, and flaking constantly for years....and i'd say the tattoo won't even need to be touched up, it's basically perfect under it all.

It's so weird!

I remember a nurse or doctor saying something about the “psoriasis skin” when I asked about steroid creams causing scarring. That it’s not the real skin or something like that - it’s an inflammation. It always stuck with me.

Currently on hold, Stelara rang me to make sure i had my first injection in the fridge for my nurse appointment in two weeks.

eh, sorry lads, do you not keep notes there at all??? they were pretty shocked to hear that i'm due my second dose tomorrow.....now they're panicking because i've no GP appointment for tomorrow, i've got no injection training, and there's no nurse available.

Brilliant....

Currently on hold, Stelara rang me to make sure i had my first injection in the fridge for my nurse appointment in two weeks.

eh, sorry lads, do you not keep notes there at all??? they were pretty shocked to hear that i'm due my second dose tomorrow.....now they're panicking because i've no GP appointment for tomorrow, i've got no injection training, and there's no nurse available.

Brilliant....

If your a day late and they get you a nurse on Friday it should matter all that much

• Advertisement

Nurse can’t get down till next week due to me being scheduled in for two weeks time, next week is the earliest.

What an absolute feck up.

Gotta go to my GP’s tomorrow and sit and wait in his office and if he has time to see me between patients he will see me.

I told the Stelara nurses to take me off their books and not to bother contacting me again about it ‘oh we would really like to come down and administer your maintenance dose on Jan 9th’

‘Why so you can call me at 4:45pm on Jan 8th to tell me you won’t be down and leave me stuck again, no thanks’

I hate being short and nasty with people on the phone, but can they not simply put data on a system so everyone is up to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

eeloe - firstly Stelara looks like it is working a treat for you. That's a huge improvement. It definitely hasn't worked for me.
    It's a pity you can't administer the injection yourself. Ask your GP to show you how to do it.

I'm waiting for an appointment to show me how to self-inject Humira. Can't imagine it's much different to the Enbrel or Stelara injection but I guess they still have to 'train' me. Can't wait to get started. There has to be an 8 week gap since the last Stelara injection before I can start on Humira but thankfully I can start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Misguided1 wrote: »
    .....I'm waiting for an appointment to show me how to self-inject Humira. Can't imagine it's much different to the Enbrel or Stelara injection but I guess they still have to 'train' me. Can't wait to get started. There has to be an 8 week gap since the last Stelara injection before I can start on Humira but thankfully I can start next week.

If you are going to use Humira from a pen then it is trivial. A very clear printed guided is provided with the pen. I presume the 'training' will be done by a nurse type person who works for an Abbvie contractor. Their main interest might just be to see that you continue to use the product and dont forget a dose :P

If you have to do a lot of travelling then keeping a dose cool can become a logistics issue. If you ask them nicely, there is a good chance that they will give you one of their very cute coolbags made for the job :)

Nurse can’t get down till next week due to me being scheduled in for two weeks time, next week is the earliest.

What an absolute feck up.

Gotta go to my GP’s tomorrow and sit and wait in his office and if he has time to see me between patients he will see me.

I told the Stelara nurses to take me off their books and not to bother contacting me again about it ‘oh we would really like to come down and administer your maintenance dose on Jan 9th’

‘Why so you can call me at 4:45pm on Jan 8th to tell me you won’t be down and leave me stuck again, no thanks’

I hate being short and nasty with people on the phone, but can they not simply put data on a system so everyone is up to date?

I thought you had an injection already? Why do you need a nurse to administer it?

eeloe - firstly Stelara looks like it is working a treat for you. That's a huge improvement. It definitely hasn't worked for me.
    It's a pity you can't administer the injection yourself. Ask your GP to show you how to do it.

I'm waiting for an appointment to show me how to self-inject Humira. Can't imagine it's much different to the Enbrel or Stelara injection but I guess they still have to 'train' me. Can't wait to get started. There has to be an 8 week gap since the last Stelara injection before I can start on Humira but thankfully I can start next week.
    It is a bit different than Enbrel, the pen is a little more complicated and you pinch rather than stretch the skin.

brevity wrote: »
    I thought you had an injection already? Why do you need a nurse to administer it?

I need someone to do it for me, believe it or not, i’ve a phobia of needles!

Managed to get one of my GP’s nurses to give it to me yesterday, so it was handy!

I need someone to do it for me, believe it or not, i’ve a phobia of needles!

Managed to get one of my GP’s nurses to give it to me yesterday, so it was handy!

o_O

But you have heaps of tattoos!

Yep, I can get tattooed for hours at a time and not even break a sweat.

Someone breaks out a needle to take blood or anything and I turn in to a child getting their BCG at school......I fecking hate it! Sad I know....

Yep, I can get tattooed for hours at a time and not even break a sweat.

Someone breaks out a needle to take blood or anything and I turn in to a child getting their BCG at school......I fecking hate it! Sad I know....

Ah well...

I wonder would the nurse who gives you the flu shot at the chemist do it for you? Might be handier for you rather than waiting at the doctor.

eeloe - a partner, parent, friend can be shown how to do it too. Might be an alternative solution for you.

• Advertisement

@eeloe - have you been given the syringe form or the pen form of delivery ?

0lddog wrote: »
    @eeloe - have you been given the syringe form or the pen form of delivery ?

I think for Stelara it is only in syringe form. The pen is great because you can't see the needle. With Stelara its different.

I think for Stelara it is only in syringe form. The pen is great because you can't see the needle. With Stelara its different.

My Bad. I got mixed up as to who is on what.

Yeah syringe only. I could handle the pen myself, it’s the whole injectjng myself thing I can’t do. Ah my GP doesn’t mind doing it once i’m booked in. The whole issue this time was crossed wires with the stelara nurses because I thought I was booked in for yesterday, and they clearly don’t know their arses from their elbow up there.

Day 5 on Humira and I’m starting to experience some side effects. My legs feel really stiff, sort of like I’ve run a marathon and a tingling sensation at times. Not going to panic just yet though.

What i found helped, when i got a similar thing a few weeks ago on Stelara, was trying to do 10 minutes of yoga in the mornings and evenings, particularly around the hip area.

I always suffered with tight legs(training so hard obviously never helps) but it got noticeably worse on Stelara, so i'd assume you're getting something similar on Humira.

There's LOADS of free youtube videos, or if you want really leg specific ones, look up a website called Yogaforbjj.

The more I read people’s experiences with these drugs the more I notice a few things that are happening to me. I never really paid much attention to it to be honest.

People mentioning tight hips is something that I’ve been suffering with for a while. I’ve put it down to a long commute and a desk job...

brevity wrote: »
    The more I read people’s experiences with these drugs the more I notice a few things that are happening to me. I never really paid much attention to it to be honest.

People mentioning tight hips is something that I’ve been suffering with for a while. I’ve put it down to a long commute and a desk job...

I've ALWAYS had tight hips, hammies and calfs....lifting weights didn't help it, and training BJJ really showed up how tight they really were, so i just done more and more stretching, but the last 4-5 weeks they've been REALLY tight, so just stretch some more.

Buy a cheap yoga mat, and do 10-15 mins while you're watching TV in the evening, the commute to work, and sitting at the desk all day....your body will thank you for the stretching instead of sitting down watching TV!

I've ALWAYS had tight hips, hammies and calfs....lifting weights didn't help it, and training BJJ really showed up how tight they really were, so i just done more and more stretching, but the last 4-5 weeks they've been REALLY tight, so just stretch some more.

Buy a cheap yoga mat, and do 10-15 mins while you're watching TV in the evening, the commute to work, and sitting at the desk all day....your body will thank you for the stretching instead of sitting down watching TV!

Same when I used to do Muay Thai, could never turn my hips over. Have started doing a bit of running/jogging so hopefully that will help.

• Advertisement

22qg28g5tdt11.jpg

Progress, 2 days after the second loading dose.

Pretty shocked, if i'm honest.

Advertisement