Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OzÉire needs your help

Options
  • 14-08-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys since being in Australia in 2000 I’ve put together a website

www.ozeire.com

www.irishdownunder.net

I’m trying to create a central place on the net for all Irish who are in or traveling to Australia & New Zealand. So they can share all their stories, pictures, tips, advice etc to help other enjoy the great land down under.

Would love if anyone who is in Oz, traveling to Oz or just interested in The Land Down Under to drop by let me know what you think and how we might improve things.

I’m really looking for people to give us the real story on ever thing Aussie & Kiwi. Where to go, what to see, where to stay, what to eat. I want the truth not all that garbage the tour companies give. I want good people on the ground to report back to the site. That way everyone can have a great adventure.

So just drop by and let me know what you think .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I can help you out with Perth if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

That would be great Xavi6

Have nothing at all on Perth. Let me know what you think i should add in. If you register on the site I can give you editor rights to publish articles .

Cool. I'm headin to bed soon so I'll have a look around tomorrow in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Isn't xavi so good?!

Before anyone complains. Ozeire very kindly asked my permission before starting this thread.

watna wrote: »
    Isn't xavi so good?! Doesn't Xavi do feck all in work?!

FYP! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah, a shill with manners,

Brisbane can be covered in one word

AVOID

Thanks for your offer Xavi will take you up on it for sure .

Guys i'm back again looking for your help

I've updated the site and now all users have their own blog section .

Would be great if as many as possible could drop by and add to the site .

Want to build it into a real Down Under community help everyone out .

Any tips , hints , comments would be great

Al

ps Thanks Wanta for let me do this .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Will def take a look at it tomorrow when not so shagged and give you some input from a Melb perspective.

Thanks dSTAR

Need good people from all over Oz n Nz to get the true picture

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

ok i have just started a blog myself so feel free to have a look if ye want , my ozeire name is the same as my boards one, i will try update it every few days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I'm heading over to Sydney on March 22nd for a couple of months, i'll gladly contribute ;)

Thanks junkster12345

Great blog

Love the pictures

keep up the good work .

Any questions at all just drop me a mail .

Al

Hi guys I’m back once again. Looking for all your help.

I've updated the site added in new photo gallery , blog section , job section and advert section .

I'm looking once again for all traveling to or in OZ for all your stories, pictures, hints n tips. To help everyone on the great trip down under.

So if you have a bit of time, swing by the site and let us know how you’re going.

If you need any help needed at all any time just drop us an email.
    ( watna , Xavi6 keeping this all in the same thread as promised hope you don't mind.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I had a look at the site over my morning coffee, 12.15 PM(God I love Oz) and I cant remember the old site but I like the new site.

Cant really see if I can help you out but feel free to ask any questions here or via PM.

I would not be on your site much as every time I log on I could be downloading the rear image and my connection speed out here is bad enough not to mention my sad 2 GB limit on Virgin Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I cant even open the site :confused:

I cant even open the site :confused:

Sorry about that . What was the error message you got . I have checked and all seems fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ill try to give some tips(blog) on the kimberley region, perth and regional wa when i get a chance, travelling at the moment

Nice site btw

Thanks in advance guys for all your help . Remember if you need any help at all with adding any thing to the site or any thing at all just drop us an email .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ozeire wrote: »
    Sorry about that . What was the error message you got . I have checked and all seems fine .

Still getting error message mate.

"Cannot open site - Operation aborted"

What could i mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Surfdude100

Such a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Still getting error message mate.

"Cannot open site - Operation aborted"

What could i mean?

Getting the same message

I could put together something on Bundaberg and fruit picking, mind you, it is over 2 years old.

Sorry brendan you were totally right there was a problem with one of the mods on the site . Never noticed becasue i use Firefox and the problem was with IE . Have fixed and should be fine now .

I'll remember to test in all web plateforms from now on.

Thanks mate if you hadn't said any thing i'd never have seen the problem

Advertisement