Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric - as a Fantasy Football player

Options
  • 14-08-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭

Hello all you Spurs Supporters,

I was wondering what the folks of this parish think of Modric and more specifically as a fantasy football player. I liked what I saw of him in the Euros and could see him weighing in with assists and goals. Seeing as I have Bent as one of my forwards due to his recent form, if Modric and himself do link up well it could work out quite nicely. I havent been following Spurs pre-season too closely but it sounds like things are going well.

How has Modric been going in pre-season?
    Does he look to have settled in ?
    Where exactly is he playing on the pitch?
    Presuambly he is an automatic first eleven choice when fit, yes?
    Any other tibbits would be appreciated it.

Mucho thankso

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's a difficult one to call. He has the attributes to be superb, and I reckon once he fully settles he will be, but I don't know if he's going to start off as well as someone who has a year of PL experience and costs the same in whichever game you're playing.

He has done well in pre-season. It's difficult to judge how well though because the teams were changed so much. He has been playing in a couple of different positions - alongside Jenas as the defensive end of a pyramid, but with freedom to move forward, but he's also played in a more forward role and I think this is where he is better as he has an eye for a good pass, and with Bent's running the two could work very well together.

I would definitely expect him to start if fit. Would I have him in my FF team? I'm not sure. He could be worth a gamble, but we won't know until around October if he has fully settled in, so it may not work out.

Is he pricey compared to other players in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If its the online fantasy premier league fantasy football your doing then i would pick Bently for 8M before i'd go for Modric however you could always sign him and if he doesn't work out say in the first 4-6 games sell him and bring in someone for around the same money who is playing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

he's also played in a more forward role and I think this is where he is better as he has an eye for a good pass, and with Bent's running the two could work very well together.

This is what I was thinking - could well see him linking up very well with Bent.
    ziedth wrote: »
    If its the online fantasy premier league fantasy football your doing then i would pick Bently for 8M before i'd go for Modric

Agh!!!!!! Convinced me to change to Benters - Bentley has been an ever present in my fantasy football league the last two years - Going for what I know for the moment

Modric is 7.5
    Bentley is 8

Thanks for the input lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Will Bentley definitely start ahead of Lennon? Presumably in a 4-3-3 formation with Bent and Dos Santos?

Advertisement