Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting the scope on Well L96 Sniper

Options
  • 14-08-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

got my new well l96 yesterday and put it all together, but have some difficultly setting the range on the scope.

anybody have any advice

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

remove it from the gun ans set your hopup so the BB is traveling as straight as possible, then add the scope and adjust the cross hair to allign with the BB,. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

cheers, will try that over the weekend, will let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vkchris

First you have to make sure the scope is perfectly level otherwise adjustments with the windage and elevation knobs wont work to well.

The best way to do this is to put i nail in a wall and tie a piece of string to it with a weight at the end of the string.Then line up yor rifle so it is flat a mini spirt level helps with this. Put on the scope into the mounts but leave them loose so that you can move the scope around. then line up the verticle cross hair of the scope with the string so that it covers the string. Tighten the mounts makeing sure not to move the scope.

This will line up the scope the so that your adjustments with the elevation and windage knobs on the scope will work well.

If you then set a target at around 50-70 feet and use the adjustment knobs to zero it you should get your scope working well.

If the scope is ever way off you can use pieces of paper or cloth to shim the scope to the correct height eg. if your scope is still shooting height even though you have adjusted the elevation to the max height then shim the front scope mount and just from there.

Hope this works for you it will take some patience but as you have a sniper rifle i hope you have some.:D

vkchris wrote: »
    First you have to make sure the scope is perfectly level otherwise adjustments with the windage and elevation knobs wont work to well.

The best way to do this is to put i nail in a wall and tie a piece of string to it with a weight at the end of the string.Then line up yor rifle so it is flat a mini spirt level helps with this. Put on the scope into the mounts but leave them loose so that you can move the scope around. then line up the verticle cross hair of the scope with the string so that it covers the string. Tighten the mounts makeing sure not to move the scope.

This will line up the scope the so that your adjustments with the elevation and windage knobs on the scope will work well.

If you then set a target at around 50-70 feet and use the adjustment knobs to zero it you should get your scope working well.

If the scope is ever way off you can use pieces of paper or cloth to shim the scope to the correct height eg. if your scope is still shooting height even though you have adjusted the elevation to the max height then shim the front scope mount and just from there.

Hope this works for you it will take some patience but as you have a sniper rifle i hope you have some.:D

Thanks for the advice, will let you know.
    As for the patience, i'm married with 2 kids, have buckets of it!!

thanks for the advice lads. spent a bit of time last night and she is working like a charm.

much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement