Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to buy guitar as special gift need help!!

Options
  • 14-08-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

i'm a wee bit clueless when it comes to musical instruments so need someone in the know!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, what do you need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 amom

feylya wrote: »
    Well, what do you need to know?

i need to know a decent one to buy that wont make me look like a complete idiot when i give it to him someone else suggested a daisy rock cos all the "cool guys" are playing them i'm not sure if thats exactly the way to go but yet again as i dont know anything about guitars i'm totally at the mercy of those who seem to. so you can see my dilema.

See the other thread for my answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 amom

feylya wrote: »
    See the other thread for my answer

helpful. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

is he big into playing guitar or is he just starting out?

if hes big into it, youll want to spend about 4-500 hundred quid on something that will blow his mind away, stick to the top brands and NEVER EVER EVER buy something expensive and has no name for itself, i suggest ibaneze, musicman, fender, schectar, gibson, epiphone, ESP, jackson, yamaha, kasuga, the list goes on and on.

if hes more of a football head and doesnt know much about music or instruments then i suggest just get him a guitar for bout 100 quid, waltons shud sort u out, or music maker up the road on exchequer st.

Advertisement