Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best all round sat nav...

Options
  • 14-08-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new sat nav...

Will be used mainly in Ireland but I'll be bringing it to the states with me this year and next year and I'll also be using it in Europe... So I'm looking for something with maps for all.

Whats the best all round unit out there at the mo.. Ease of use, reliability, price..

Had a Garmin and a Route 66 before. I prefared the Route 66's layout but the Garmins features and quality where much better...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Garmin Nuvi range is excellent.
    They can provide you with a world wide maps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Any particular model... Was looking at a Nuvi 770, comes with all the maps pre loaded. €360...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Yea thats a good one,

I work in a truck company, and we use the Nuvi 310 find it very good, the 770 is probably better again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I've used the 250W and the 760T. Poor software IMO. 250 bombed out in Derry coming from Belfast going to Donegal. Just "Cannot calculate route", sorry. Just been around Ireland for holiers and the 760 took me to my destination by the maddest routes. Through city centres and sometimes housing estates when there was a bypass, up the most ridiculous (grass centre) back roads, for both Fastest and Shortest settings. Same when I had the 250. No thanks.

Before this I had a device with the Chicago software. Couldn't fault it. Never made an error and the instructions were much more precise. Route choice were much more sensible. Wife has just ordered me a Chicago, thank god.

Advertisement