Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Hold Music

• 14-08-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just had a nice call to Meteor about reactivating the email to sms gateway which seems to have been disabled some months ago.

That's where you send an email to 3538xxxxxxxx@sms.mymeteor.ie and the first 163 chars come through as an SMS for free.

Needless to say the agent had never heard of it, so while he had me on hold for about 5mins as he talked to tech I had the pleasure of listening to the wild selection of hold music they have. Standard stuff, not Musak thankfully, but I nearly pissed myself when I heard the song "Push it to the limit" - specially recorded for the GTA3 Soundtrack on the station Flashback FM.

Thank you, whoever slipped that into the playlist, you made one caller very happy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Teslacuted wrote: »
    I nearly pissed myself when I heard the song "Push it to the limit" - specially recorded for the GTA3 Soundtrack on the station Flashback FM.

Thank you, whoever slipped that into the playlist, you made one caller very happy.

was that song not in the film scarface?

edit:yes it was:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M

i was under the impression that all the songs on that station were from scarface for some reason????

yes they were:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_III_soundtrack#Flashback_95.6
    Summary: Flashback 95.6 plays 1980s pop music, and is hosted by "Toni" (Maria Chambers[9]). It is aimed at people who are "stuck in the 80s"[11] and, between songs, Toni reminisces about her hedonistic lifestyle during that time. Toni is also a DJ in two of GTAIII's prequels, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, both of which are set in the 1980s. The tracks on Flashback 95.6 are all taken from the soundtrack of the 1983 gangster film Scarface. Flashback is another of the Colombian Cartel's favorite radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Teslacuted

Aw Shucks, It was much funnier my way...

Thanks for the info though.

i'm sorry for spoiling it. i could delete my posts and we could pretend...?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Teslacuted

I don't know, it might work, but that solid-as-a-rock reference you gave will be hard to avoid. If only there were some way to change the information on that encyclopedia... Oh well, a guy can dream.

• Advertisement
Advertisement