Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me some new bands

Options
  • 14-08-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm getting a bit bored with my current cycle of bands I'm listening to. Anyone have any recommendations.

Bands I've been listening to a lot lately : Justice, Digitalism, Muscles, MGMT, Band of Horses, Ben Folds, Sigur Ros, Cut Copy, Hot Chip, Arcade Fire, Muse, Daft Punk, Menomena

Bit of a mix there but I'll take any recommendations :-)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Get back to the classics if your tastes are contemporary! A bit of the Jam or the Clash, maybe some smyths and the like. There is great fun to be had with the oldies I say.
    Contemporary bands though... I know nothing about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Listen to some good music? (hawhaw, just kiddin)

Create a profile on www.last.fm and just scrobble. Or add the bands you like and they create a recommended list. Go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

chin_grin wrote: »
    Create a profile on www.last.fm and just scrobble. Or add the bands you like and they create a recommended list. Go from there.

That looks cool. I'll give that a go.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Have a listen to Out Hud's first album 'S.T.R.E.E.T.D.A.D.'

(same guys went on to form '!!!')

Advertisement