Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country boy moving to D15-Castleknock Laurels to Coolmine Industrial Estate?

• 14-08-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey peeps,
    I'm moving to Dublin 15 to work for a few months and I'm lookin at a room in Castleknock Laurels-anyone know what the estates like, re: noise, ASB etc? It looks close enough to the train for getting into the city centre which I like.

I'm going to be working in Coolmine Industrial Estate and looking at googlemaps and the DTO's journey planner its about 3km even though they give me slightly different routes (one ways or something?). Cycling or walking are non runners I'm afraid as I need the car for work too.What's the traffic on the Laurels/Coolmine estate route like? (I've seen some threads which suggest 'hellish' but since I don't know the specific areas/estates so it's hard to judge).

If I've to be at work for 9 what time should I be leaving the house? and will it take me forever to get back in the evenings? I'd be hoping I might get away with missing the worst of rush hour as I could leave home for work later than most others.

Any help, tips or insights much appreciated,

somd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Castleknock Laurels is a nice little spot. Spent a lot of time around that area kickin ball with mates etc (I grew up in Carpenterstown). Pretty quiet area, 2 minutes walk from Laurel Lodge shops and Kavanaghs pub.

Handy for getting to Coolmine. In my experience, the heaviest traffic is going out of Laurel Lodge and into Castleknock. Instead of going right at the end of Laurel Lodge you would be going left into Blanch and the traffic isn't too bad. Alternatively, you can go up through Carpenterstown and up around the back of the Community College over the new bridge which will take you straight into Coolmine. You'll be going against most of the traffic in the mornings so should be ok to leave a half hour before work.

All in all, living in Laurel Lodge and working in Coolmine is a pretty sweet deal.

Coming home it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

If you have to be in work for 9 be carefull with your timings. The schools all open around that time and also there are a few trains in the morning that could have you stuck for a long time(the barriers are on the road towards Coolmine and they close for 2 trains on occasions which can hold back traffic for ages). People from that area could give u better timings but I know it can be a nightmare at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Estate is quiet. You'll going against the traffic so you should be ok. Could take 5mins, could take 20mins.

Advertisement