Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Ballybeg area

• 14-08-2008 6:03pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody hear anything about a shooting out in the ballybeg area. A 14 year old has been shot while helping his mother carry in shopping from the car in the Ardmore area. He is reported to have had over 50 pellets in his chest. His condition is described as critical but NOT life threating.

Gardai believe this is part on the ongoing feud going on in the city.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There was a shooting the other day, is this what you are refering to?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Nope, happened at 3pm this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just caught the end of that on WLR news at 6. Anyone local got some info?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A 14 year old? Jesus christ, have they no shame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yeah the amount of fueds making the news isnt giving the place a good name, theirs gonna be a lot of pressure on the police

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Heard it there while eating dinner... Feicing hell.

its almost like we have gone back in time with gang land related fighting with all the newspaper headlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Time to nip this in the bud. Bring in the army to patrol the areas in question and take these people off the streets.

i disagree with that, they tried it in Italy but the army has no arrest powers, plus it looks as if we are an eastern european dictatorship. I think personally giving more power over to the police to catch these people and Judges/court systems that will actually give out reasonable sentences instead of the slap on the wrist treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Time to nip this in the bud.

Well past this point some of these people are now living in boarded up houses and are dug in. This latest shooting has a 14yr old boy in WRH with what witnesses say are head injuries. Two shot and multiply injuries involving all sort of weapons, least we forget the petrol bombings which are still going on and a loss of life releated to the feud. This is going on since JUNE. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

I was out and about tonight went through 4 checkpoints manned by armed gardi.

Anyone know if the ERU have been called in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I had a guard stop me outside the Bilbery halting site. He told me my tax was up and that I can get my car seized for that. Being honest, I knew it was up in August but I hadnt thought about ordering it yet - so to keep him happy I just said its on the way. Got a bit of hassle for not having a receipt but he let me drive on. I checked the tax anyway, turns out its not actually up till the end of August.

I was out and about tonight went through 4 checkpoints manned by armed gardi.

Anyone know if the ERU have been called in?

Thats not the ERU afaik. They were either detectives, which are always armed, or another branch of Guards (wearing bibs by any chance?) which are armed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Sully wrote: »
    I had a guard stop me outside the Bilbery halting site. He told me my tax was up and that I can get my car seized for that. Being honest, I knew it was up in August but I hadnt thought about ordering it yet - so to keep him happy I just said its on the way. Got a bit of hassle for not having a receipt but he let me drive on. I checked the tax anyway, turns out its not actually up till the end of August.

Are you drunk/high sully?
    Seriously what's you getting pulled for your tax got anything to do with a child being shot?
    I'm sure it was very distressing for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

heh! :p

I wondered if Sully had posted that in the wrong thread (multi-tab hell)

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

they can only cease your car if its more than 2 month out of date without tax

Are you drunk/high sully?

Very unlikely.
    Seriously what's you getting pulled for your tax got anything to do with a child being shot?

Well, as ChapOfDRyans was talking about checkpoints I said id add in my 2c. At times like these the guards get to sensitive.
    I'm sure it was very distressing for you.

Extremely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Debated to post or not ,

OK Events so far,

One of the house attacked a few weeks back (Head of family , owes the money, on my street ) has become main target.

House was petrol-bombed at the start
    2 Weekends ago had shoots fired at house.
    Last weekend shoot was fired through window at the back of the house.
    Early this week teenager relation of resident escaped kidnapping attempt.
    Teen shoot yesterday in ballybeg as pay-back
    Last night House attacked again 3 times

Un-marked cop was parked outside all morning..

This is what has happen in my AREA. Do not know what has being done to other side i.e Ballybeg. BEFORE OR AFTER these events.

fkinel,looks like it might be a good time for a holiday ROCKMAN.

At times like these the guards get to sensitive.

Heads up there Sully,the guards generally don't like out of date tax discs,regardless of who's getting shot/robbed/raped.

• Advertisement

Heads up there Sully,the guards generally don't like out of date tax discs,regardless of who's getting shot/robbed/raped.

Perhaps - but as it turns out, the Guard didn't understand how the tax disc system worked and apparently when they can detain a car for out of date tax. I guess someone didn't study hard enough in Templemore!

And the last time something happened in Waterford, I was pulled over because I turned around to take a turn I missed.

Anyway, check points located on entry to Farren Park and Johns Park tonight. None outside any of the halting sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Perhaps - but as it turns out, the Guard didn't understand how the tax disc system worked and apparently when they can detain a car for out of date tax. I guess someone didn't study hard enough in Templemore!

And the last time something happened in Waterford, I was pulled over because I turned around to take a turn I missed.

Anyway, check points located on entry to Farren Park and Johns Park tonight. None outside any of the halting sites.
    Do you do a little patrol every night just to check?

Do you do a little patrol every night just to check?

Sure do Bud. I police the police. :D

Nah, I usually be around that general are - more so the last few nights!

Advertisement