Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Paint job

Options
  • 14-08-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I saw this in a bike shop in Biarritz this afternoon on my way back from my spin.

I thought I'd share the photo. It looked amazing in the shop. I don't think the photo brings out the colours as nice ... but I hope you like it.

No I did not buy this bike :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

bit garish and yoof-ful for my tastes

my dream paint job for my fixie is a certain shade of pale blue (like bianchi green only blue), lugs picked out in cream and brown bar tap and saddle - unfortunately don't have the cash to afford it - one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

stuf wrote: »
    bit garish and yoof-ful for my tastes
    I'd take it :D I note the mention of VeloNews by the seatpost - wonder if it was a special done up for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I saw this in a bike shop in Biarritz this afternoon on my way back from my spin.

I thought I'd share the photo. It looked amazing in the shop. I don't think the photo brings out the colours as nice ... but I hope you like it.

Bit to flash for my taste really... prefer solid colours to airbrushed nonsense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BH2008

Have to admit I wouldn't say no either! ....Time pedals and a Look bottle cage....am I being fussy or is that a bit like socks and sandals!! :D

BH2008 wrote: »
    am I being fussy or is that a bit like socks and sandals!! :D
    Nothing wrong with that as winter rolls in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

I recently cycled with a guy who a custom painted Terry dolan in a flame effect looked very nice i think there is a recently open bike shop in mulllingar selling custom painted bikes.

Woot 1000 post :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

... but I hope you like it.

Total pimpmobile
    Time pedals and a Look bottle cage....am I being fussy or is that a bit like socks and sandals!! :D

You're being a bit fussy.

blorg wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that as winter rolls in :D
    ....Except wet socks!!:D

el tonto wrote: »
    Total pimpmobile

You're being a bit fussy.

Your probably right....but if I'd gone to the effort of kitting out a nice bike like that it'd be nice to have the bits and pieces somewhat matching....it's just I've always viewed Time and Look a bit like Campag and Shimano...shouldn't be mixed!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Nice Racer - You could fairly WEB along on that :D

OK Sorry - I wont post again for a week!

• Advertisement

....Except wet socks!!:D
    You forget that winter in this country is the dry season; we are currently in the monsoon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Your probably right....but if I'd gone to the effort of kitting out a nice bike like that it'd be nice to have the bits and pieces somewhat matching....it's just I've always viewed Time and Look a bit like Campag and Shimano...shouldn't be mixed!!:o

I got reprimanded for wearing a Campag jersey while my bike has Shimano. I didn't realise it was down to that level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

That bike gives me the creeps... something about straddling a load of spiders i suppose.
    Raam wrote: »
    I got reprimanded for wearing a Campag jersey while my bike has Shimano. I didn't realise it was down to that level :)

oooh no no no. don't cross the streams. bad things will happen.

Raam wrote: »

Actually, I do the same! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

No I did not buy this bike :pac:

i'd buy that! very nice and one of a kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Actually, I do the same! :o

So do I -Campy Gloves and jersey here

I had considered some Campy clothes and water bottles but wasn't sure if it was acceptable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I note the mention of VeloNews by the seatpost - wonder if it was a special done up for them?

Is that the name of the shop?
    http://www.velonews64.com/

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Is that the name of the shop?
    http://www.velonews64.com/
    That would make sense all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

You forget that winter in this country is the dry season; we are currently in the monsoon :pac:
    I was out for a couple of hours this morning and my toes were frozen. I can't believe I need overshoes in August. I have to admit after curing the lack of neoprene for a couple of minutes I did think of you Blorg, how on earth can you stick the sandals?

• Advertisement

I generally find the sandals OK up to November or so (introducing socks during the autumn) but my feet did get a bit cold on our Wednesday night spin all right. August isn't what it used to be! Obviously it is essential to keep moving, if I stop I really freeze (had a nasty experience before of a crank popping off at Sally Gap, was a very cold walk/one legged cycle back.)

Advertisement