Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB.Net dll for use with VB6

Options
  • 14-08-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a small project for work and as part of that project I'm putting some functions into a dll that relate to a certain feature.
    There is another guy at work who is maintaining an older project what was written in vb6 and he is going to be able to add some new functionality to that project using the dll that I will create as part of my project.
    I offered to expose the logic and stuff to him in a dll so that he could use it.
    He said to remember that the old project is written in vb6 so it might be best to put the code in a module so he could use it?

I'm not really sure what he means.
    any ideas?

my solution in VS2008 has a comand line app and a Class Library (the dll).
    if i create a module in the class library the comand line app cant see it,
    if i put the module in thecomand line app it can see it but when i publish it i get an exe and a setup file, i dont get any dll i can share...

any idea what i should be doing?

the other guy does not know .net so i cant ask him.

Comments

Advertisement