Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighting Advice

Options
  • 14-08-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello All

I stumbled across some posts on this site to do with lighting advice and some of the answers were amazing. Well most were either misinformed or totally wrong.

I have worked in lighting for over 15 years and in response to some of the answers i saw online i decided ( hope i dont live to regret this ) to sign up and help with any questions people may have with regrard to lighting.

So lets see how it goes ,

Talk soon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Well most were either misinformed or totally wrong.
    What was wrong??

I am always willing to learn from someone more experienced.

What suggestions would you have for lighting different rooms in houses??

Personally I have had enough of rows of downlighters in every room of the house (looks like a runway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well the more advice the better.
    The whole energy usage and development of LED lighting is/has caused some discussions here. CFLs have been getting a hammering of late, I think most people agree that LED units are the lamps of the future.
    I also think that the opinion of the end user with respect to the type/colour of the light they like makes the final decission.

anyway welcome to boards Lighting Advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lighting Advice

Thanks for welcome stoner ,

Leds will eventually in years to come be able to produce enough light to replace standard gls lamps amd MR16 dirchroic lamps.

At this moment in time you can achieve this if you are willing to invest money in professional leds. These can run into hundreds of euros each.

You are right to say it is the choice of the user as to the colour temperature of the lamp they use in their fitting. Most lamps are available in differnt colour temperatures and matching these to the application is not critical but good practise.

In answer to fishdog, there are numerous ways to illuminate a room, but what you aim to do is to provide flexibility by using different types of lumianires/fittings with the correct lamps. This is something that over time i will try and answer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

IMO there is nothing worse than lighting with different colours and different colour lamps in the one fitting. :mad:

some people never notice it though, just something to do with being in the biz i guess.

Interesting point on mixing the fittings, I saw some of the results of research carried out by Zumtobel a while back about the positive psychological aspects of differing light sources in the work place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

In answer to fishdog, there are numerous ways to illuminate a room, but what you aim to do is to provide flexibility by using different types of lumianires/fittings with the correct lamps. This is something that over time i will try and answer for you.
    That would be great thanks! Why not put up a few photos on the lighting ideas sticky?

• Advertisement
Advertisement