Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headlight Problem

• 14-08-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

I'm having some problems with my headlight that I thought someone here might be able to help me with or have had the same problem and fixed it.

My headlight flickers on and off randomly when switched to the "On" position. When I flick on the high beamns it works randomly too but only when the headlight works. My high beam dash light beside my speedo also flickers on and off when the healight's are switched to On but not necessarily in conjunction with the light. The pilot light is always on (that's OK as that suppose to be always on) and the headlight problem doesn't occur when the switch is in the "off" position. I've a feeling its a loose connection but am afraid it may be something more sinister.

Please help, now that the night are getting closer I'll be afraid of the dark again :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

It could be your switch gear
    The contact points may be corroded
    It’s easy to open switch gear usually 2 or 3 screws
    Probably only take 15 minutes to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thebandito600

Usually when the front headlight is flickering on and off it could be that the bulb is vibrating and not making a full connection or as said by limerick bandit it could be the contact points. I'd start with the bulb first and work you way on to the wiring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Thanks for the replies. I have managed, finally, to have a good proper look at it last night. Turns out the male connector at the back of the light housing was a bit loose. Vibration shook it out a bit I reckon. Took it out gave it a bit of a clean put a few scratches on the pins and plugged it back in. It now works like a charm. Thank God it was that easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

good to hear you got sorted & fair play to the bandit 600 for the idea

Advertisement