Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up using USB device.

Options
  • 14-08-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set my advent 4211 up on the wireless network, anyway I have the access key but its elsewhere at the moment and wont get it till tomorrow night. I tried doing the USB settings but apparently i need to plug the memory stick into the wireless router but my one does not have a USB port on it.

So basically i have the PC upstairs from which the origianal connection was first set up then I have the laptop I am writing on at the moment and the new 4211 netbook beside me and a USB stick. How can i get wireless access for the advent 4211 with what I have.

I need to get it set up tonight as I am giving the laptop to the brother tomorrow and need to get the advent sorted by then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I don't think it'll allow you to transfer the wireless key form another computer, as it would be a security risk. You need the wireless key, simple as. If you go to the computer that is connected already, you could log into the router and get the key from that, assuming the router isn't password protected (it really should be). What type of router are you using?
    Open a browser (this is assuming your router uses the standard setup), type into the address bar "192.168.1.254" or "192.168.0.1" then hit enter, this should bring you to your router login page.

General user logins are
    Username: "admin" or "root" or "administrator"
    Password: "password" or "admin"

If you're using a netopia, they're not password protected as standard, unless whoever set it up did put one on it.

If you manage to get into the router look for wireless settings, or advanced config / expert mode. Look around for your wireless key.

That should be it.

Advertisement