Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you getting a recheck??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

Business was 299 marks out of 400 - 1 more mark = 5 more points!

And off-topic, but reading my English paper I can't believe I got 93 for my Essay which I wrote off the cuff!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

fivetwenty wrote: »

And off-topic, but reading my English paper I can't believe I got 93 for my Essay which I wrote off the cuff!:D

Im getting my English papers remarked im sure ill go up..I deserved more than I got...the guy who marked it was a stingey sh1te.

Oh yea and that 299 out of 400 did they not round you up to 75%...

Also, on a better note I got 95% in my geaography well chuffed with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 for-why?

Getting my english rechecked....only got a B3 and got an A1 in the mocks. I knew I hadnt got an A when I came out after the paper but still expected a bit higher! Viewed it yesterday and my teacher thought the examiner had totally had screwed me over! Have enough for my course, but im only 5 points over. Today im thinkin is it worth the risk of being downgraded? I know its miniscule, but still......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

for-why? wrote: »
    Getting my english rechecked....only got a B3 and got an A1 in the mocks. I knew I hadnt got an A when I came out after the paper but still expected a bit higher! Viewed it yesterday and my teacher thought the examiner had totally had screwed me over! Have enough for my course, but im only 5 points over. Today im thinkin is it worth the risk of being downgraded? I know its miniscule, but still......

That's all i'm saying, if you think you can show you can do way better do it at uni:)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

for-why? wrote: »

It depends if they mark you down could you lose your course..5 pints isnt a big margin so I probably wouldnt risk it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 thebeertalking

If you've got the points you need, then leave it out!! Don't risk a re-check on something that won't matter a damn in five years, wait, 2 years.

The poll results were funny. More people are concerned with getting what they 'felt they were owed' than getting their course.

Which is more important - enjoying your life, experiencing new things, liking your job and getting on in it, travelling and generally being happy, or an exam that says nothing about the person who sat it.

Have a bit of confidence in yourselves people!! Don't be defined by an exam! The leaving cert is a means to an end, it's there, you have to get through it to get what you want, but once you've got those points, leave it!!!

Like they always say, there's life after the leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

So frustrating. My Business paper was 1 mark away from a B1, and that's why I didn't get 500 points. (not for the sake of it but to qualify for NUIM scholarship) Definetely appealing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

fivetwenty wrote: »

299/400 is 74.75% surely you should have been brought up?

Only essays written off the cuff (nearly all of the time anyway) can get that kind of mark....learning essays off for that question defeats the purpose of doing it and usually the examiner will cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

299/400 is 74.75% surely you should have been brought up?

They don't round up according to the page they gave us. I got 79.75% (319/400), it's probably because of a quota?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Well for 2 out of the 3 papers I viewed,it was the teachers and not me who wanted to view them!I'm 1.5% of an A2 in history and if I get an upgrade,I'm eligble for a scholaship.Paying €37 with the chance of gaining €1270 seems like a risk worth taking to me.:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement