Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening classes/activities in Trim

Options
  • 14-08-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi all,

I recently moved to the area and I'm looking for any good evening classes/activities to get me out of the house..... Any ideas??? Main priority is to meet people.... not into sport as such, so don't want any football/other sport clubs. Any other nice ideas or even where do I start looking?

Thx
    Trix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

http://community.meath.ie/trimmusical/

Trim Musical society. Not my cup of tea, but if you like singing and suchlike, it might be of interest to you.

There are also evening classes in a variety of subjects every year in Boyne Community School. I'm not sure when classes start, but keep an eye out for the prospectus in the shops around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

There's plenty to do! :)
    Get a copy the weekly Trim Focus in any of the newsagents / shops & You will see ads for, Salsa Classes, Kickboxing :eek: , Swim Aerobics, Tennis.... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Kenpo karate on a Tuesday night in the town hall - Adults @ 8:30 til about 10pm. Drop in, say hello, have a try, keep fit, etc... Ooops, i guess that's kinda a sport.... is it. Still an option though. And darn useful if ever you needed it (hopefully you won't).

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

There's plenty to do! :)
    Get a copy the weekly Trim Focus in any of the newsagents / shops & You will see ads for, Salsa Classes, Kickboxing :eek: , Swim Aerobics, Tennis.... etc

do ya know where that kickboxing goes on? dyin to give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

There is good selection of evening classes in the secondry school starting in oct, also a good kayak club.

• Advertisement

spadder wrote: »
    There is good selection of evening classes in the secondry school starting in oct, also a good kayak club.

I seen the flyer for Boyne Community School, and registration is early september. You'll find the flyer (big red and white one) around the town in newsagents and such. Otherwise, its worth dropping into them to get one.
    There's some interesting things on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

campervan wrote: »
    do ya know where that kickboxing goes on? dyin to give it a go
    Its on in Trim Castle Hotel every monday at 8pm. I went last night. Great workout but sore today. :D

cue wrote: »
    Its on in Trim Castle Hotel every monday at 8pm. I went last night. Great workout but sore today. :D

Interesting. Can you just turn up without an appointment? What sort of fitness level would you need to be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

There are about ten in the class and he has all the gear (gloves, pads,). There was two newbies last night along with me, but I think everyone there are beginners. Age range 16 - 50(ish). 90% female. I'm fit(ish) but lazy as sin. :D
    Come along!

Advertisement