Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hulk

Options
  • 14-08-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I loved the first few issues but now with issue 5
    he beats THOR and uses Thor's hammer with ease
    I'm starting to wonder what the hell Jeph Loeb has been smoking!!

No complaints about the artwork, I LOVE Ed McGuinness but Loeb is worrying me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dr_tran

I thought every issue (except maybe the first one) was absolutely terrible. Jeph Loeb is a hack and I have no idea how he gets work or why so many great artists are lining up to work with him. Frank Cho just resigned exclusively to Marvel entirely because he was offered a Jeph Loeb book. What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Seriously, issue 5 has ****ed me of big time!!
    Gonna stop collecting it after this story ends...issue 6

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

JangoFett wrote: »
    Seriously, issue 5 has ****ed me of big time!!
    Gonna stop collecting it after this story ends...issue 6

You do realise that part of the reason Jeph Loeb probably has the profile he does is because of this mentality of "well, it's complete sh*t but I'd best make sure I buy all the issues anyway", right? I mean, yeah, I'd love to say that the primary concern of all publishers is quality, but it's not - it's sales. And while the best kind of huge sales to have are the kind that follow quality product, the next best thing is (like with Ultimates 3) to have a popular title that has had a huge quality drop but still secures a strong following from people who complain that it's terrible but for some reason buy it anyway.

It's like the whole Spider-man One More Day/Brand New Day thing - loads of fanboys whinged that it was awful and terrible and nobody would want to read BND. And yet, those same people are still reading Amazing Spider-man. And bitching about it. Man, it must be something to have so much spare money that you can regularly spend cash on something that just pisses you off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

I picked this issue up a few days back out of curiosity.And while I agree it hardly set the bar for comic writing,it wasn`t an unreadable piece of crap either.It`s a comic about thor and hulk at a time when people are snapping up anything with hulk written on it after seeing the movie with the added bonus of people who picked up "long halloween" after watching the dark knight seeing Loebs name on it.
    All I`m saying is,I didn`t expect anything more than what I got from it.A readable,enjoyable cash-in

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Fysh wrote: »
    You do realise that part of the reason Jeph Loeb probably has the profile he does is because of this mentality of "well, it's complete sh*t but I'd best make sure I buy all the issues anyway", right? I mean, yeah, I'd love to say that the primary concern of all publishers is quality, but it's not - it's sales. And while the best kind of huge sales to have are the kind that follow quality product, the next best thing is (like with Ultimates 3) to have a popular title that has had a huge quality drop but still secures a strong following from people who complain that it's terrible but for some reason buy it anyway.

It's like the whole Spider-man One More Day/Brand New Day thing - loads of fanboys whinged that it was awful and terrible and nobody would want to read BND. And yet, those same people are still reading Amazing Spider-man. And bitching about it. Man, it must be something to have so much spare money that you can regularly spend cash on something that just pisses you off...

The ONLY thing thing thats saving it is the artwork. THE ONLY THING!

• Advertisement
Advertisement