Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Exam

Options
  • 14-08-2008 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I heard that there is a mock exam you can do.

Does anyone have any info on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Senoir,

I did one "outside of Dublin".

Found it to be extremely expensive!!!!
    €160 for two hours.

My advice would to be maybe look elsewhere.
    This particular mock interview covered two areas of the three that you do on the day of your interview.
    IMO for that money, ALL AREAS SHOULD BE COVERED, considering ALL AREAS MUST BE PASSED!!!!!!

They explained that someone else close to their premises does the 60 Question's in 30 minutes exam, and they didn't want to step on their toes. To be honest, its my money, its my career, I couldn't give a flying fcuk who's toes they step on!!!!

The feed back I got was good, but the written feedback was scribbled on an A4 page around the questions the mock interviewer had asked.
    So when I went back over it I had to link diagnol handwriting beside and above typed questions (if ya know what i mean?).

We went over the video part as well. That was OK.

But for such a large sum of money (nearly half a weeks wages) for 2 hours and 1 sheet of A4 paper with scribbled buzz words on it, and only two thirds of the neccessary areas covered...........

...SORRY BUT I FOUND IT TO BE A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!

I find it hard to justify this price. The rent in this part of the country can't be that high, nor were the tools and equipment needed for carrying out the mock interview.
    I don't like the idea of people charging what they like cos they're the only one's that do it!
    Its one thing giving my local GP €50 every time he tells me to turn my head to the left and cough!

Did I pass I hear you ask?
    No!

Have yet to get my feedback, but I'll be fcuking kicking myself if it was the one area not covered in the mock interview.
    I'm kicking myself for not passing full stop!!!!
    Excuse the rage, this individual is a nice person, but what you pay for and what you get do not add up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I understand Oldscoil.
    Thanks for all the info.

Though I thought there was more than one place you could do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

160n aint bad to what i paid! but its a small price if i get in i feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

I understand Oldscoil.
    Thanks for all the info.

Though I thought there was more than one place you could do it?
    I'm looking at Killroys College myself.

you beteer edit the names there, free ads and all that:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭woohoo

I think I did the same one that you did oldscoil! Does it have a red door!!! I actually found her very helpful! Everyone I know that went there passed so hopefully we will too!!!!

• Advertisement

shakin wrote: »
    160n aint bad to what i paid! but its a small price if i get in i feel.

Hey Shakin.

Can you give me (well others, considering i'm done) the "area" it was in, (Dublin etc etc) how much it was, and what you got for your money, what areas were covered.

I don't want to look like I'm stirring sh1t, but we've all been in situations where we've felt we're not getting value for money.

woohoo wrote: »
    I actually found her very helpful! Everyone I know that went there passed so hopefully we will too!!!!

Thats great WooHoo.
    Glad to hear it.
    I DID NOT pass the interview BUT I am not pointing my finger at the mock interviewer for this.
    It is up to me to make sure I have all areas covered and researched before I sit my interview, in order to stand a good chance at passing.

However, I do have a problem with someone offering a service that does not cover the whole interview and costs an amount of money that I find unjustifiable.

The last time I paid a lady that amount of money for that amount of time, I had a fantastic story and a terrible rash to show for it.

By the way, most help came from here on the boards. Thanks to every one requested info, posted info, pm'd me, or helped in any way.

All the best folks........

Advertisement