Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs to watch the dublin match in Balbriggan

Options
  • 14-08-2008 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Where is the best place to watch the dublin / tyrone match on saturday. Had a terrible experience for the last match. Watched it in the Whiteheart. Someone should tell the cocky barman that he is not half as interesting as he thinks he is - couldnt listen to his constant s***e again.
    PS - Dont suggest de bruin - Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Did you watch it in the lounge or the bar in McCormacks (Whitehart)?

The lounge in fairness is crap, the bar will have a good atmosphere although most of the regulars will be gone to the game and it can be a quite unusual place at the best of times.

Central is good if you are on your own, the racing will be on the other TV. It's a quiet enough place and the atmosphere will be the same. No one will bug you in there, but someone will always talk to you in there if you want conversation. The place is fairly straight laced.

Milestone, Harvest and O'Shea's will be quiet enough. John Ds is a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Where is the best place to watch the dublin / tyrone match on saturday. Had a terrible experience for the last match. Watched it in the Whiteheart. Someone should tell the cocky barman that he is not half as interesting as he thinks he is - couldnt listen to his constant s***e again.

Personally I would recommend O'Sheas down by the harbour. Plenty of screens and nice pints. Good all round pub.

P.S Avoid John D's at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Personally I would recommend O'Sheas down by the harbour. Plenty of screens and nice pints. Good all round pub.

P.S Avoid John D's at all costs!
    nice pints as long as you dont drink guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

sounds like john,the owner

greatgoal wrote: »
    sounds like john,the owner
    The other brothers won't like that news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

As someone said, as long as you dont drink Guinness OR mind the smell.

The Milestone bar is your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

This is probably the best pub in the town ourlad, try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

well its a bit late now but i recommend the Harvest, always a good few heads in no trouble nice staff and good pints :) Plenty of screens too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Avoid John D's at all costs!
    Bluetonic wrote: »
    John Ds is a no go.
    No TV or no GAA allowed?

It seemed a grand spot the last time I was in it but I suppose that was in 1988!

No TV or no GAA allowed?

It seemed a grand spot the last time I was in it but I suppose that was in 1988!
    It was grand in 1988 and 1990 when watching Ireland play and when John Dempsey himself owned it.

Now it is a dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

No TV or no GAA allowed?

The less desirable elements of the Brig seem to congregate there. I don't know if it's due to its proximity to the courthouse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Harvest Bar, followed closely by O Sheas. De Bruins aint that bad, most times ive been there it was fine.

Forget everywhere else.

Oh... Ya could try O Dweyers GAA club :D

for the next time dublin play.... obviously!

Advertisement