Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with Remote Desktop on XP Professional

• 14-08-2008 8:59pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a laptop which has a dual boot of XP and Vista.
    On the XP install (XP Professional) I cannot get remote desktop to work at all. The XP install went fine and then I tried to add remote desktop via the intsall CD, it goes through the install ok but at the end says that there is a version currently on the PC and to use it.
    When I go through the menu the option for remote desktop is not there.
    Also I located the .exe in the windows folder but double clicking that does not work either.
    Is there any way to remove and re-install Remote desktop?
    I do not want to re-install windows if at all possible

Mik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

goto start\run and type MSTSC that should bring up your remote desktop connection

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

ok - that works but the tab is missing from control panel and I need that to enable other computers to connect remotley to this one...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

just confirming that you are missing this one

control panel
    system
    remote tab

Yep, that's what i'm missing.
    It aint in the menu's either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Try going to services Start-> Run-> Type services.msc
    Make sure the remote desktop help session manager is running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

start, run winver.

what service pack, and are you running xp home?

check this reg key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\fDenyTSConnections

00 = on 01 = off

start
    Run
    cmd
    reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections

Cheers, I'll try the above.
    i'm running XP Pro SP2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

try this too from CMD:

regsvr32 remotepg.dll

Hi,
    D:\Documents and Settings\MikeP>reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    \Terminal Server" /v fDenyTSConnections

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server
    fDenyTSConnections REG_DWORD 0x1

regsvr32 remotepg.dll - Succeeded

That seems to have solved the problem - Cheers :)

Advertisement