Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you give up hope?

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

New single parent here, in fact I hate even using that term "single parent", becuase my ex is a fantastic father, and has ds 6 weekend nights out of every 8. He's still very involved with him.....he just doesn't want me. I'm gutted to be honest, trying to put on a brave face but all I want is my little family back. My DS was one last wednesday, and we had a lovely day out, just the 3 of us and it was like old times. Am I stupid to hang onto the hope that things will work out? We've been seperated nearly 2 months now. It was really hard at first, but I'm doing my best to give him space now and not pester him. I'm still head over heels in love with him, more so now than ever and i'm finding it hard to accept that it's over. How do you get over someone when you have to see them all the time? I'm just feeling lost right now. I'm going to a party of a mutual friend tomorrow night and I know he will be there, i'm so nervous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lenie

You will get over this, your heart will heal eventually. I know that it is terribly difficult seeing someone that you are in love with so often while you are trying to get over them. This man will always be in your life because of your child, so.....
    It will get easier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pretty much what Lenie said so concisely. It will pass. never and I mean never give up hope. I've known people facing their end and they didn't give up hope and they're here years later. Time and nurturing yourself will heal this and through that process you will have a life in years to come that you didn't begin to think of now.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement